Ok, So I know that I have stated before that this phone really didnt interest ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Looking into the Flip

Advertisement

Ok, So I know that I have stated before that this phone really didnt interest me....I lied. I like the flip phone however I cant choose between this or waiting for the 8900....could someone tell me the good things from switching to this from a pearl...yes I have read all the reviews but I would like someones honest opinion. :-) thanks!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._8220_a-92918/

If youre coming from a Pearl i would say go for it you will absolutely LOVE IT.
    The 8900 is a completely different device so its kinda like asking : should i got for the Curve or the Pearl ? Its for you to try, honestly.

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    BODY { MARGIN: 0px; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: url(http://images.pinstack.com/themes/imgs/stripe_test.gif) #9a9ca0 repeat-x left top; COLOR: #333333 } .wysiwyg { FONT: 9pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #f6f6f6; COLOR: #000000 } P { MARGIN: 0px } I have a curve, tried the flip. I liked it a lot but:

Mapquest Navigator doesn't work and the screen is a little small for that

Typing was fine, but server names, technical terms etc were tough to type although I did enter some autotext items to help so k1 became kmcapp1nyc...

Website browsing, loved the new browser but typing in URL's was tough.

I returned the flip and keeping my 8320 until the Javelin comes out.

-Dan

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I came from the 8100 & 8120 so I think the flip is great! I like the bigger keys and SureType seems even better than the last version on my 8120. I love closing the flip and not worrying about my screen (although I do have a BSE on the inside and outside anyway). It fits very easily into my pocket. I find that it balances well when I hold it below the hinge when I am reading email or an ebook.

All of my apps from my previous BBs work on the 8220, even with the 4.6 OS. The only one I had any trouble with was AT&T Navigator (Telenav). They technically don't support 4.6 yet, but I decided to download the version for the 8120 and it works just fine on my 8220.

I think the people that think the screen is too small for something or it's hard to type on are coming from a Curve or similarly sized BB. For myself, it was an easy move from the Pearl(s). I'm very happy!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah like i mentioned earlier if youre coming from a Pearl get the Flip you'll love it its VERY impressive

eleung321 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i like the storm over the flip.. but the flip is cool.. gonna keep mine..
    the internet is a bit slow thats all.. atleast for me

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I think the slower internet is due to this OS version trying to emulate more of a desktop view on the BB. So it's trying to download and display more info than older versions (including animations, etc.). I believe that the Bold has the same situation, the difference being that the Bold is 3G capable so if you're on 3G you don't notice the slowdown like on the 8220. I really wish there was an option to view internet sites the same way as on OS 4.5 and earlier! I know some people like this new way to view, but I don't! It's nice to have it as an option but would be nice to be able to turn off too....

antoinetteL3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you very much for everyones input. I'm going to get the flip and also the javelin when it comes out.....lol the flip will just hold me over till the javelin...who knows when that will be coming out :-) thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    I think the slower internet is due to this OS version trying to emulate more of a desktop view on the BB. So it's trying to download and display more info than older versions (including animations, etc.). I believe that the Bold has the same situation, the difference being that the Bold is 3G capable so if you're on 3G you don't notice the slowdown like on the 8220. I really wish there was an option to view internet sites the same way as on OS 4.5 and earlier! I know some people like this new way to view, but I don't! It's nice to have it as an option but would be nice to be able to turn off too....
    too bad opera doesnt work on the phone.. i think it might be faster.

ecarrillo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Opera works on my flip, i just downloaded the Pearl version of it and it works fine and i have also used the beta version and it has worked fine the few times i have used it

is it faster then the BB browser?

ecarrillo no está en línea Stack level 1
    for me it has been but im also running the original os on it that it came with so that could be a reason why my bb browser is slower