I have been fighting with this for 2 days and figure its time to call ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

arctikjon no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Looking for input on Ramble/Opera

Advertisement

I have been fighting with this for 2 days and figure its time to call in some help. Despite my best efforts and reading every thread in here I could find that deals with this subject, I am still getting the Connection error (invalid connection string- Unable to open connection) when I try to use ramble. I have the data plan, I have set the APN to wap.voicestream.com,(I am not sure how to set "WAP Gateway IP: 216.155.165.50 and WAP Gateway Port: 9201"), other apps seem to work (google talk and google maps) although Opera Mini doest not work either ("you do not have a working network connection")
    Tried talking to customer service, however since the BB browser/ built in IM client works they claim no responsibility (which is probably a fair statement) and said to talk to the 3rd party developer...

Any ideas on what i am missing here? I am generally pretty savvy with things like this, so I hate asking the question, especially when its been asked so much. Any help would be appreciated!

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Re: Looking for input on Ramble/Opera

Assuming you have T-Mobile, the APN is correct, but have you left the ID and password fields blank?

Yes they are both blank. I did try putting my id and password in however that did not work either. I cleared them both and reset.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

I would say to delete opera completely. Then see if Ramble kicks in. Im wondering if they are not somehow intafereing with each other. Ive had that happen with Opera and the old version of BB411.

Removed opera, pulled the battery, reset... still no go...

keep the ideas coming...Thank you for the help thus far!

limit no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by arctikjon
    keep the ideas coming
    I don't have the problem. However, someone on another forum said they got it to work by using a single space for the password and for the user name.

mrmeir no está en línea Stack level 1

i have both running on my pearl without error. Question, how new is your account?....cause i initially had a problem getting in to ramble when i first got my pearl. Took about 4-5 days, then it connected fine. FYI i have have nothing but the wap.voicestream.com, no pass or id.

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I as well have ramble and opera up and my configs are the same as listed above..., it may be a problem with one of the programs itself.

I think itd be best to delete both apps and start from scratch. And for opera what version did you download, that may be a issue.