Anyone else have this problem? I have an 8100 on AT&T, but the phone was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jeffkeller no está en línea Stack level 1

Locking up with 4.5 OS ?

Advertisement

Anyone else have this problem? I have an 8100 on AT&T, but the phone was issued by CellularOne, who has since been bought out by them...

Anyways, I up'ed to 4.5 and after a minute or so the phone locks up.

Would not deleting vendor.* cause this? I think I may have forgotten to do that before hand... hmm

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Did you do the upgrade with a media card in the device?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Well, depending on the version of the 4.5, it may not have even had a vendor file to delete. I second the media card question, try pulling out the battery and media card, put the battery back in without the media card. Let it boot up, see how it runs, if it's okay, re-insert the media card.

Welcome to PinStack, by the way, Jeff! We'll getcha back up and running.....

Yes, I had the media card in when I did the upgrade, and since it kept locking up i downgraded back to 4.2 (again with the SD in) but who wants that right?!

And of course the dumb thing ate my address book when I downgraded. All else was untouched.

Well, then you'll need to offload your card to the PC, do the upgrade again, this time without the card in the device. Once the upgrade is finished, reformat the card in the device, then copy all your media back over to the card and you should be good to go.

There is another method that might have worked as well, but since you've already downgraded, it's best to use the above method.

I'm just thinking that in a lot of these cases, somehow the media card gets corrupted, which in turn, freaks out the device.

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Meida cards seem to be a big problem when installing os. Usually it 1 or more of the pics on it.

mmdogg01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3061FF98
    Is this why my phone keeps resetting. I upgraded 2 4.5 with the card still in and haven't reformatted. My phone keeps resetting whenever the card is in. It's like a constant loop. Will formatting the card fix this problem?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mmdogg,

If you have an adapter, try reformatting the card on your PC first to see if that doesn't stop the reset loop. Make sure you offload the stuff on your card first, of course! If you put it back in the device and all is well, then you can transfer your stuff back onto the card. You might have some corrupt files on the card, so be aware of that if the loop starts again. Maybe even just to be safe, reformat the card in the device before moving the media back onto it.

Good luck!

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Man i just don't get this 4.5 is running on my 8100 flawlessly, i'm not rubbing it in btw well maybe a little lol. j/k. Anyway here is exactly what i did.

Downloaded the OS from blackberry website.
    Removed color pearl and SD card before upgrade.
    Closed DM
    Run the 4.5 OS program
    Followed the steps.

And uhhhh that's it. My 8100 had no problems whats so ever just slow to load apps the first time entering them and the camera is takin some blue *** pics but that it.

I hope it works for you the cuz the OS is prettty sweet.

^^^ Yes, in most instances, that's the way it should and does go, but there are times when something goes wrong. That's why we're here.....to help people get through the little qwirks that occasionally rear their ugly heads!

Fixed it... It must have been the SD card.

I reflashed 4.5 without the SD in, and when I reinserted it, the phone started to lock up again, even after reformating. I then went into the Media Card Options and seleted 'remove' media card, then saved, then installed media card and formatted again. Now everything seem ok... except....

Now the red LED comes on and won't shut off untill I cycle power! heh

th0575 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245BA541
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have not had any problems with 4.5 and I did it with the SD card in. It is great