I know I can lock my Blackberry Pearl 8100, so that you need to use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

arysseus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242F676A

Question Locking my Pearl

Advertisement

I know I can lock my Blackberry Pearl 8100, so that you need to use a password to get in.

However, a long time ago I used to own a blackberry (these were still the size of bricks and all black and white screen). That BB only let you try to put in the password so many times before it decided that the information was in peril, and would delete the entire memory.

Needless to say, this was a source of joy for my malicious brothers.

Is the pearl the same way? Delving a bit of personal information here, I have an ex who also unfortunately happens to be a room-mate for now. Since i work 12 hour days I've become sort of a heavy sleeper when I conk out, and this room mate has made it a habit to find my phone while I'm dead asleep, and look through all my messages, emails, etc.

I know I can just delete all my information before I go to bed, but I shouldn't have to do that!. Sometimes I need to recap some of the things I sent the day before.

So my question is, does the lock feature on the BB pearl let you infinitely try to put in the password, or will it do something like erase its own memory after so many tries?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Locking my Pearl

This can be found under your Security in your Options. Easily password protected.

PIN/ID
    242F676A

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    This can be found under your Security in your Options. Easily password protected.
    This i know, but I'm wondering if the pearl has the safety feature that after so many incorrect tries it will erase all the data for safety, which is what i don't want.

tbone6649 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2403CBE1

I know it only gives you 5 tries. Never messed it up 5 times though, so I dont know what happens.
    PIN me: 23F6D9C8

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I have mine locked and I lock the demos at my store and you hve ten tries and after the ten tries you have to type in blackberry and it gives you a few more tries to unlock it. I definately recommend locking the pearl. I have mine locked because I use that primarily for work and I also have a lot of sensitive information. On there~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242F676A

Cool, I'll try it out.

I'll back up all my data on my computer, then I'll keep messing up the password to see what happens. if nothing, then I'll be good to go~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You can set the number of times you can try inputing the password.

Just backup often too.

Better to keep your info safe than let your ex rummage through your info.