Loading of random URLs leads to the hourglass flashing on the screen at anywhere from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Loading URL leads to flashing hourglass

Advertisement

Loading of random URLs leads to the hourglass flashing on the screen at anywhere from 0.75-1.5 cps. Closing the URL --and even the browser-- does not stop this problem. The only fix I have found is the battery pull. What the devil is with the BB, anyhow? It happens just frequently enough that I always wonder if the next URL will cause the problem to happen.
    ...Yogich

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Loading URL leads to flashing hourglass

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've had this happen when I've tried to open huge websites. Coul that be the problem?

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

I believe it's some type of javascript problem. That is why I try and use opera mini. Seems like it's the bb browsers fault. Just another annoyance that i have with my bb. And the only only solution I've found to fix it is to pull the batt also...restarting the phone doesn't even work.

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ahhh so I'm not the only one with this problem.. Thought my bb was faulty. But this happens to me often too.. Happened yesterday when I used the search function on download.com, so don't do it lol

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

So, the Opera browser open these problematic URLs, I take it? I have been thinking about trying it, but am watching the mem usage.

I guess misery loves company, but I wish they'd fix it. I have reported it to TMO, and they said they'd pass it on to RIM.

delias_007 no está en línea Stack level 2

Someone of you have been updated the OS recently? It happening the same but after I update the OS. Yesterday what I did was to free the internally memory, until this moment I don't have any complaint.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~happens to me to. I do something, it works for me, hope it works for you. This only works if the issue is a large web page.

Before loading the page clear you cache. Then go to the page. If this works and you get into the site in under 5 minutes, clear the cache again to browse inside the site. Keep clearing it with each page you go into. Yeah its a hastle' but it works for me!

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~happens to me to. I do something, it works for me, hope it works for you. This only works if the issue is a large web page.

Before loading the page clear you cache. Then go to the page. If this works and you get into the site in under 5 minutes, clear the cache again to browse inside the site. Keep clearing it with each page you go into. Yeah its a hastle' but it works for me!
    This does work well I usually try to clear my cache once a day