Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm trying to load and play music from my Pearl. I read all the posts ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ephailey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e90926

Loading itunes

Advertisement

I'm trying to load and play music from my Pearl.

I read all the posts from a search.

I bought a micro sd, installed it and hooked to the desktop manager thru the usb cord. I tried to click and drag songs from my itunes directory to the pearl but the click and drag did not take. What am I missing?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hi ephailey,

Did u enable the mass storage device on your Pearl?

Narcissus no está en línea Stack level 2
    Do you need to enable mass storage? I wonder if it is the format of the music. I copied over some mp3's to a new media card and it worked but when I tried the mp4 from I tunes the file does not show up.

PIN/ID
    23e90926
    Any new thoughts on this? I have mass storage on. When I try to click and drag a song to the Pearl, I get a circle with a slash in it (not allowed).

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    you don't need to open the desktop manager. Just go under my computer and open your blackberry. if you have auto run on it should pop up a window and ask you what you want to do. if that happens just to open folder to view files. That should be your blackberry.
    hope that helps

PIN/ID
    23e90926
    I have no problem viewing the blackberry files, I just can't get music files moved to the blackberry files.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ephailey you still around?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcissus
    Do you need to enable mass storage? I wonder if it is the format of the music. I copied over some mp3's to a new media card and it worked but when I tried the mp4 from I tunes the file does not show up.

M4P is protected -- songs that you purchased from iTune. They can't play on anything other than your computer. What you can do is burn a new CD and then rip that CD to mp3.

PIN/ID
    23e90926
    I thought I may have a problem with itunes. I tried to click and drag another song I have on the computer (not Itunes) and could not do that either. It would not take.

Nicker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~moral of the story MP3s people, use winamp

PIN/ID
    23e90926
    How do I use winamp? I did a search and it mainly talks about radio stations.

jtown777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was having the same problem. Some itunes are locked (purchased online) but the ones burned from a cd to itunes will work. Here's how I did it. First plug bb into computer. Then open my computer and select whatever drive is your bb (mine is f drive, then restore down the screen size (if full screen is on) to make smaller screen, then open my music and restore down that screen too (this is for easier click and drag). On the bb drive click on bb folder and click on music folder (should be empty) Now in the my music folder select itunes and then select itunes folder (all your albums should be here). Open desired album to get to songs (mp4). Ones that are locked will have a little lock in the upper left corner of that songs mp4 icon. These will not work! The others you may click and drag one at a time or control and click as many as you want and drag them over to the music folder in your bb drive. The next thing I did was run a sync. It will say there is nothing to sync but I have found that this is when the transfer takes place. If you don't sync nothing transfers. Kinda wierd, but anyway it works well for me and the mp4 itunes sound pretty good. Hope this helps. If you need more help let me know. Good luck!

PIN/ID
    23e90926
    Jtown, check your private messages.

Thanks.

jtown777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ephailey
    Jtown, check your private messages.

Thanks.
    I just sent you an e-mail.

maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    I configured iTune to burn only mp3s. They work perfectly without any modifications. Simply drag and drop them to the Pearl's microSD card (via Mass Media Storage) and voila!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast