Help please. I just got this beautiful phone, and want to use to it's full ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gergedan no está en línea Stack level 2

Loading apps like Excel and Word

Advertisement

Help please. I just got this beautiful phone, and want to use to it's full extend. I like to use and transfer my existing excel and word files, and be able to email them.
    Is it possible, if it is can someone help please? You can either tell me how, or take me to a link that explains it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Loading apps like Excel and Word

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Your blackberry will, without additional software, open and display as read-only .doc, .xls, .ppt, and .pdf attachments. The the text is readable but the formatting is off and graphics aren't readable.

For Excel only you can get Gridmagic by Simprit. In the little bit of testing I did its OK. I have not tested moving spreadsheets from the BB to the PC and vice versa yet. Testing this is not high on my priority list.

For Excel and Word you can get eOffice by Dynoplex. In my testing, this product did not live up to the hype. It could not send documents back to Dynoplex--which was required for saving to a PC and for spellchecking, etc. Mathematical results in the spreadsheet were not necessarily repeatable. Four useless days with tech support convinced me to banish this program from my company.

So..... Can i basically move excel and word files from/to BB vs PC? I don't have to absolutely edit them, but I want to use the BB as laptop, and carry the documents. Also, lets say I could, can I also print them via BB Pearl?

Thank you so much for your help. $&#^@*^$**&(&*(# BB tech support asked for $49 for each issu. What a RIP OFF! They did not even provide a instruction book, I don;t care if it is 262 pages.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~go to Simprit.com and download a free trial. See if it meets your needs. Then come back here and tell us about it so we can all learn.

I will give it a try.

I couldnt figure out sending single text message to multiple recipients, is that possible too?

One more question: I open up for example Turkish website, and caracters are all messed up, is there anyway to fix that?

Thank you

jlambeth1 no está en línea Stack level 2

I use gridmagic as well. It is perfect for my needs. I have not found a cheap program to transfer and view word documents yet.