hey guys, this may sound newbish, but what is the little orange/yellow letter envelope on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

electrott no está en línea Stack level 1

little orange message icon

Advertisement

hey guys, this may sound newbish, but what is the little orange/yellow letter envelope on top left of the phone screen mean? is it messages? also i have 4 messages, but when i click on messages, it brings me to a call log. no idea if its suppose to be like that or not. first bb and jus got it last week. any help would be appreciated.

DrSuha no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: little orange message icon

The orange envelopes should be your emails. And if you are getting a call log window when you try to open your messages then you probably forgot to exit out of call log before. So I would use the "back" option.

well, its not the actual call log that the phone already has, its a different call log like telling me when i place a call to a person or recieved a call. this is all what happens wen i click on my message icon. is that normal? i also cant seem to find some text messages i recieved the first couple of days i got my phone.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by electrott
    well, its not the actual call log that the phone already has, its a different call log like telling me when i place a call to a person or recieved a call. this is all what happens wen i click on my message icon. is that normal? i also cant seem to find some text messages i recieved the first couple of days i got my phone.
    Well I don't think it's normal. Don't know of a fix, i'm sure someone will come along who does.

GotPearl?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Electrott. It seems like you have some little quirks there. Why don't you try a cold reboot to see if that corrects things (pull out battery with phone on, wait 30 seconds, reinstall battery).

Let us know how you make out.

ahhh thanks detroit and thanks for the introductions. got it workin fine now. this phone is so coooool.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Glad we could help you out. Feel free to ask anymore questions that you come across and we'll try to help you out.

COJO 24