How is everyone listening to their music? So far I've just been listening to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

perk no está en línea Stack level 1

Listening to mp3

Advertisement

How is everyone listening to their music? So far I've just been listening to the internal speaker (sound gets better when placed in a small hard box). I'm wondering what the headset options are, and even more so, how I can hook up the pearl to a home stereo. I thought I could use a mini-plug adapter and an rca/mini-plug cord, but no go. The Radio Shack guy and I finally gave up. The pearl didn't seem to even register the presence of the plug, as the internal speaker kept playing with the plug inserted. I hope there is a solution to this.

Thanks alot,
    Perk

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Listening to mp3

I listen to mine through the wired headset that came with it. but ordering stereo headset today.

I believe some people, maybe san francisco if I remember correct have connected it to a home stereo not 100% sure. I need to give that a try myself.

O and BTW welcome to the Stacks

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by perk
    How is everyone listening to their music? So far I've just been listening to the internal speaker (sound gets better when placed in a small hard box). I'm wondering what the headset options are, and even more so, how I can hook up the pearl to a home stereo. I thought I could use a mini-plug adapter and an rca/mini-plug cord, but no go. The Radio Shack guy and I finally gave up. The pearl didn't seem to even register the presence of the plug, as the internal speaker kept playing with the plug inserted. I hope there is a solution to this.

Thanks alot,
    Perk
    You can get the Jabra that I mention in the other thread, just updated with a link to ebay where they are selling for $22 shipped.

Also, I have the Seidio 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, it allows you to hook up any headphones with a 3.5mm plug into the Pearl's 2.5mm female jack.

With that adapter I also hooked up a male/male 3.5mm audio cord into my home stereo speakers, the other end into the Pearl, the whole thing sounds great.

See my review of the Seidio adapter here:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_adapter.html

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I listen to mine daily, for hrs at a time. I really want to use stero earphones, but I have to keep at least one listening ear available for work, and on the subway,DC subway riders can get nutty at times, so the cheapo headset initially given works ok for that purpose.

arctikjon no está en línea Stack level 1

Any way to use a BT headset to listen instead of the wired one that came with it???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

perk, and arctikjon, welcome to PinStack.

perk, Sanfrancisco always has good advice.

arctikjon, I think it works fine, but I don't hav a pearl, so can't verify.

anyway, Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

perk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks alot for the great info. I'll definetely be ordering the cable. I was looking around the site and also noticed the wireless fm transmitter. Has anyone tried this before...any opinions. How can the unit be powered other than cigarette lighter?

Thanks again,
    Perk

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

you can take a look at these, I have ordered them and should be getting them on Friday I'll let you know how they are.
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=21391

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Quote Originally Posted by arctikjon
    Any way to use a BT headset to listen instead of the wired one that came with it???
    Welcome! Unfortunately, not BT headset supported at this point. Perhaps in future OS releases.
    Sorry!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

jwdd no está en línea Stack level 2

I bought the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and use my Alessandro MS-1 headphones to listen to music. The sound is great.