Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Seidio adaptor listed above, looks like a great solution to convert the 2.5mm headphone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: listen to mp3s from pearl through car

Advertisement

The Seidio adaptor listed above, looks like a great solution to convert the 2.5mm headphone jack to a standard 3.5mm jack. The 3.5mm size jack will allow you to plug in all Walkman/iPod type headphones and listen to your tunes with better sound quality.

If you want microphone capability (so you can speak and answer calls) make sure you order the $15 Seidio adaptor listed as a link on the same page. This give you a 3.5mm jack, mic and answer button on the adaptor.

Now... how to get it plugged into your car stereo? If you have a newer car, it may have a 3.5mm "AUX IN" jack located near the stereo or glove compartment. With a 3.5mm, stereo (3 conductors), male to male patch cable (Radio Shack, etc.), you connect your Seidio adaptor to the AUX IN jack and you are done.

Set the headset volume on your Pearl to ~50%, select AUX IN on your car stereo and you should have music. This method also works to play music from your Pearl thru any of the iPod type desktop speakers that have a 3.5mm input jack. Tunes in the car, tunes at work/home.

No AUX IN jack in your car? The next best method is using a cassette adaptor if your car has a cassette deck. The adaptors vary wildly in quality, so find the best ($10-$20) and don't buy the other junk.

The iLounge site has amazing and exhaustive reviews on all things iPod, and recommends the Phillips PH2050W ($15, sold commonly for $10 at stores such as Walmart) or the Sony’s CPA-9C cassette adaptors. Plug the cable from the cassette adaptor into the Seidio adaptor and you should be hooked up. I use the older Sony in my car, and it sounds very good.

Here's the iLounge Phillips review:
    ww.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/philips-ph2050w-mp3-cd-cassette-adapter/

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

seidio adapter with the mic works great. I have one. I use it with an fm tranmitter that I picked up at wal-mart for about $20.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I'll have to check walmart out for that seido adapter~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Stevesol no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi

I got one of these jacks so I could use my better ehadphones and also for my car. Problem is that although it is a stereo jack, the music only plays in mono. More of a problem is that after each song the Pearl skips to voice dialling mode.

Any ideas anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12