i heard from my friend that there is many limitations in using the ms-outlook email ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sucker no está en línea Stack level 1

Limitations in using MS Outlook-email in BB pearl

Advertisement

i heard from my friend that there is many limitations in using the ms-outlook email thru the blackberry Pearl. Maybe anyone of you got experience some of the limitations? can share this out?

many thanks-!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Outlook is a mail reader. It also depends on whether or not you're talking about with a BES setup or with a BIS setup.

I tend to see it as the limitations of Outlook are much more exposed when its forced to cooperate with something outside the PC. Not the other way around.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

sucker no está en línea Stack level 1
    latafu,

The data plan had enabled and BES had been setup as well. so i would like to know more what are those limitations of the Outlook.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    If you have BES, then there really aren't that many limitations. Outlook syncs reasonably well thru the BES platform.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

psumaterialsguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I really haven't noticed too many limitations- the most glaring one IMO is the fact that sent mail is not synchronized, so that when I send an email with my BB is does not show up in the sent mail in my outlook. The only work around I have come across is the following:

There's an option to BCC every email you send via BB, so I BCC myself, then I created a filter in outlook that puts all emails received from myself direclty in my sent email folder. The only real annoying part of the process is then seeing the email on your BB again, but at least you have your sent emails in one place.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have BIS but my wife has BES and it seems whatever restrictions and security her corporate Administrator has applied seems to restrict her.

BobL no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by psumaterialsguy View Post
    I really haven't noticed too many limitations- the most glaring one IMO is the fact that sent mail is not synchronized, so that when I send an email with my BB is does not show up in the sent mail in my outlook. The only work around I have come across is the following:

There's an option to BCC every email you send via BB, so I BCC myself, then I created a filter in outlook that puts all emails received from myself direclty in my sent email folder. The only real annoying part of the process is then seeing the email on your BB again, but at least you have your sent emails in one place.
    My sent mail is synced to my Exchange Server.