Does anyone know if limewire works on the blackberry pearl? I want to download it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jules321 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242e0457

limewire

Advertisement

Does anyone know if limewire works on the blackberry pearl? I want to download it but I don't want to pay for it if it doesn't work?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: limewire

no, i'm pretty sure it's not compatible.

why would you want limewire on you bb?

jules321 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242e0457

To download songs, I can't get the songs to stay on my memory card using my desktop

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Some things just have to be done on the home computer. ...Not very many, though.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

What do you mean you can't get them to stay on your memory card? I have been using limewire and have not had that problem. Are you transferring the files using DM or something else?
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

rodneygoff no está en línea Stack level 1

all you have to do is plug your bb using usb then drag and drop into blackberry->music

joemc27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    No More
    You have to go 2 options, and go 2 media card. Once in there you switch the mass storage support on. The wen u plug it in via usb it should show the folder... Place them in the music folder. -81xx

shadrack2002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248906D0

Quote Originally Posted by jules321 View Post
    To download songs, I can't get the songs to stay on my memory card using my desktop
    The easiest way is to put you card into the pc via a card reader or pc reader, and just drag songs from you pc to the card. Thats what I do. I copy the songs from itunes, and paste it unto the card in the music folder. Hope this helps.

MelissaSue no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by shadrack2002 View Post
    The easiest way is to put you card into the pc via a card reader or pc reader, and just drag songs from you pc to the card. Thats what I do. I copy the songs from itunes, and paste it unto the card in the music folder. Hope this helps.
    Do you have to have the BlackBerry Desktop Manager before you can download music to the phone? If so how do I get that? I've been having trouble putting my Desktop Manager onto my computer I keep getting errors.

Vealy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!!

I would try reinstalling it from the installation disc one more time, and if you have errors again try from the website:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

As far as not needing DM to transfer music, I know on XP, plug and play recognizes your RIM device and if autoplay is on you should be able to access the media card through windows explorer. I like using the DM because it will convert the media format for you, eliminating the process of formatting yourself (if necessary)

As far as Limewire goes, There is too much trash floating around on limewire. I use itunes, and have no problem coughing up 99 cents for a download. The music industry DID exist before the likes of this "internet"
    Last edited by Vealy; 02-01-2008 at 04:26 PM.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

all you need to do is enable "Mass storage Mode Support" on your BB. You will find this in options>Media Card.

When you plug the Device via USB to comp it will show up in "My Computer" as removable disk. Its by far the easiest way to drag files around.

No need to take apart your Blackberry every time to stick the SD into card reader

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

Quote Originally Posted by Vealy View Post
    As far as not needing DM to transfer music, I know on XP, plug and play recognizes your RIM device and if autoplay is on you should be able to access the media card through windows explorer. I like using the DM because it will convert the media format for you, eliminating the process of formatting yourself (if necessary)
    i was under the impression that XP would recognize the bb ONLY after the BB Device Manager (not desktop manager) was installed. i've plugged my pearl in at a computer on campus and did not get any response whatsoever from the OS.