Guys, this is a weird one, wondering if anyone experience it to. The blackberry screen ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sky1023 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lighting Problem With Bberry Pearl

Advertisement

Guys, this is a weird one, wondering if anyone experience it to. The blackberry screen light is usually brightly lid, but sometimes my black berry light switch off into a dimmer mode for 2 minutes or so and then the light came back on as brightly as before. This happened on many occasions and does anyone know whether this is normal or not???

THanks

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Lighting Problem With Bberry Pearl

Hi Sky. The backlight will go dim after a few minutes do to the auto backlight on the OS. The only reason I can think of why it would come back on is maybe because you had a message (email, SMS, etc.) arriving.

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ya there is a light sensing mechanism on the pearl. The backlight dims or brightens depending on what lighting conditions you are in. Its a "feature" blackberry put in so you don't have to change the lighting on your own.unfortunately so far no one has come up with a way to disable the feature unless you install one of the really old operating systems, which isn't really worth it in my opinion. Hope that clears it up.

-MP

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

the auto-dim will adjust to the lighting that the phone is in. someone on here even pointed out, i think, where the sensor is...
    but, being in a dark room, you'd need less light, so the bb dims (so that it isn't so hard on the eyes) and out in the bright sun or fluorescent lighting, the bb goes brighter.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Awesome.thanks a lot!I'm a Bberry newbie

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by sky1023
    Guys, this is a weird one, wondering if anyone experience it to. The blackberry screen light is usually brightly lid, but sometimes my black berry light switch off into a dimmer mode for 2 minutes or so and then the light came back on as brightly as before. This happened on many occasions and does anyone know whether this is normal or not???

THanks
    I just got mine less than a month a go and i noticed the same thing but it helps save your battery life. This phone is probably the best one i had so far. I switched from sprint and so far i am very pleased with it.