Me again... I was just checking my status on my new 8120 after I loaded ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Less memory in 8120?

Advertisement

Me again... I was just checking my status on my new 8120 after I loaded all my apps and I notice that the "File Total" is 54132736 bytes, whereas on my 8100 it was 64....something. I was under the impression that the 'file total' is the amount of total memory in the phone, regardless of what is installed. Does this phone really have 10Mb less memory???

The BB website states that it has 64Mb memory but that's not what I'm seeing on the phone. Should I be concerned? Anyone else notice this?

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    This was just posted in another thread and explains what you are seeing.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2051557343

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks! I did a search before I posted, but only in the 8120 Forum and nothing came up....

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    i recently bought my wife an 8100. Not even enough phone memory to download 1 mp3 song on it. You have to get a media card, that way you can put all your songs, vids, and pics on it without using your phones memory. This way you will be able to run a lot of apps.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yes the device has 64 mb of flash memory but you dont get to use that 64 mb. the OS alone uses about 20-25mb depending on the carrier and not to mention the minimum allocated 10mb for media storage. all said and done my 8130 after a batt pull starts at 19-20mb