Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There is a LED like thing/hole by the blackberry logo above the screen. I wondered ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

LED like thing on top of the FLIP part

Advertisement

There is a LED like thing/hole by the blackberry logo above the screen. I wondered what that is since i got my flip but i didn't rly pay attention to it. First i thought its a internal indicator but it is not...

Here is a picture:
    The red arrow shows what im talking about
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    wouldnt it be another notifier ? like the one on the outside to the right of the camera ?
    like if youre using it open and get a message it would start blinking red ?
    thats just my guess as im still waiting for rogers to release it up here ...

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    wouldnt it be another notifier ? like the one on the outside to the right of the camera ?
    like if youre using it open and get a message it would start blinking red ?
    thats just my guess as im still waiting for rogers to release it up here ...
    I tried putting it on the indicator (when it blinks green) it didn't blink, and it doesn't blink when i get a msg...
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    It's probably the light sensor. Does the screen darken and brighten automatically on the 8220 like other BB's?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    It's probably the light sensor. Does the screen darken and brighten automatically on the 8220 like other BB's?
    When i put my finger on it, it doesn't turn off

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well putting your finger over the light-sensing indicator on a BB will not cause the screen to immediately shut off. If the 8220 had this feature, which I believe it does, and it isn't a LED that lights up at any point, I would say it's the light-sensing indicator.

I could be wrong as I have not see one of these devices yet but someone else will come along and correct me if that isn't what it is.

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    The screen goes off when its about at a 30-40 degree angle and when it does shut down there is a click noise (same with opening) that i think comes from the part where it flips (the middle part when its opened)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well putting your finger over the light-sensing indicator on a BB will not cause the screen to immediately shut off. If the 8220 had this feature, which I believe it does, and it isn't a LED that lights up at any point, I would say it's the light-sensing indicator.

I could be wrong as I have not see one of these devices yet but someone else will come along and correct me if that isn't what it is.
    that would make a lot of sesns.
    When you just cover it (dont actually put your finger on it), does the screen dim ?

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    that would make a lot of sesns.
    When you just cover it (dont actually put your finger on it), does the screen dim ?
    I can even put ma hole hand over it, the screen doesn't go off....

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Well answer this: Does the device brighten and darken automatically on your device? I just read the specs for the 8220 and that feature is on the device, unless it's been turned off, the device should do this. Does it?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    I can even put ma hole hand over it, the screen doesn't go off....
    The screen "turning off" is part of the standby mode. No matter how bright a light is or how dark a room is, the light-sensing device is not going to shut the screen off. The time-out feature of the device going into standby mode is what will shut the screen off.

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    The screen "turning off" is part of the standby mode. No matter how bright a light is or how dark a room is, the light-sensing device is not going to shut the screen off. The time-out feature of the device going into standby mode is what will shut the screen off.
    When u close it, it goes right away. It doesn't dim out...

PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Which is a feature of the Flip, just like a laptop, you close the lid and the screen shots off, it doesn't dim out.

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    so the conclusion is?..What does that thing actually do...Im confiused

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What do your have your screen brightness set to? If it's set to 100% you won't see a change. But try setting your screen brightness to 30% and then expose that area to bright light and see if the screen gets brighter. If it does then it is a light sensor.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast