is it possible to change the led lightt ? im bored of the green. =)... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kimmmms no está en línea Stack level 1

led

Advertisement

is it possible to change the led lightt ? im bored of the green. =)

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

Re: led

Hey kims, I believe there's a program called blinkberry that alternates the color of your bb. I don't have a link, maybe one of my fellow stackers have one for you

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not sure about blinkberry, there is an application on Handango called blackberry alerts. Let's you change the LED alerts.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

yeah, i have blackberry alerts. it is $10, so not bad in price. (edit: price was $9.95 when i bought it; it is now $12.95) it lets you pick what color for each alert you want - missed calls, missed sms, missed emails, missed pin, and missed voicemail. i like it.

here is the link: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=199266

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Hmmm. That's not bad. Ill check it out~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by kimmmms
    is it possible to change the led lightt ? im bored of the green. =)

What device are you using? My led is red not green. I use the blackberry alerts program and it is very nice. Clashes just a bit with colour your trackball program but nothing serious.

~Amie~

PIN/ID
    STACK

Green is the coverage indicator. You can turn it on or off. It blinks constantly though. I find it pointless for and LED to tell me if I have coverage or not. I can just look and my screen.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Hmmmm. Very very interesting. I actually have begun to find use in the basic red light as a repeat notification of something missed. To be able to change the color and know WHAT I missed sounds sweet. I have my USB cable and DM on my work computer. I think I'll give the trial version a run tomorrow and see how I like it. As long as it functions the way it says it does, I'll be happy.

PIN/ID
    STACK

It's a sweet program, I've had it since I got my pearl. I like being able to look at the LED and know what I missed.

Although my notifications just tell me what I miss to. I use this for speech notifications.
    http://www.research.att.com/%7Ettsweb/tts/demo.php

Example:
    "You have a text message"
    "You and an Email from Gmail"
    "You have an Email from Yahoo"
    etc.

SO...long story short if I don't hear it I can at least tell if it's a Missed Call, Text Message, Email, etc.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kilted Bradley
    I think I'll give the trial version a run tomorrow and see how I like it. As long as it functions the way it says it does, I'll be happy.
    Yeah, I believe it is a 30 day trial, so you will definitely get to try it out for a while. It works great, though. I think you will be happy with it and end up paying the money for it.

And it is nice to just look at it to see what you missed by the color. I like how you can pick and choose on what you want a blinking LED for. For example, I don't need a flashing notification for missed voicemail since I check my voicemails about once a week. haha. But I like having them for SMS and Email - so I just turn off the notification for voicemails.

The app also gives you a nice Alert Log, which keeps track of all the once you've missed - divided into colors, so you can more easily see what you've missed. It is nice, but I have found I don't use the log ever.

Another really nice feature is that you can schedule your BB when and when not to blink the alerts. This is nice b/c I don't want a bright blue light flashing at night when I have a missed email - so I turn them off about 1 a.m. You can schedule them for during the weekdays and during the weekends.

Well worth the $13 -- (even more worth the $10 I paid a couple months ago! )