Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader... BlackBerry Pearl forum

filip3rd no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Latest T-Mobile USA OS

Advertisement

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by K_T
    Is the Italy version any different then the version I am using now 4.2.0.64? Where do you d/l it from?
    .64 has a major memory leak, poorer battery management, slower loading, answer delay and a bunch more bugs. 1.66 has some issues since it's almost a beta version of an OS, but I still use it (the pros outweigh the cons for me). .71/.73 far more stable (and much fewer bugs) and fixes a bunch of the bugs found in .64.

K_T
    K_T no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EEFC57

Just want to make sure, it is compatible with the US Blackberries? Not to sound like I am an untrusting soul, but have a lot of money tied up in this phone. Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Just want to make sure, it is compatible with the US Blackberries? Not to sound like I am an untrusting soul, but have a lot of money tied up in this phone. Thanks
    It's compatible. Just delete the vendor.xml file. Careful though 1.66 has bugs. Just one word for you BACKUP. Most stable version with the fewest bugs/headaches is .71 or .73 from Cingular.

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

The Cingular 4.2.0.73 works JUST fine with your phone as I have the same one. The thing is that if it's the Blackberry OS for the 8100 then it works with any 8100 regardless of the carrier. I found 4.2.1.66 had to many issues so I've been using 4.2.0.73 and it works great.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

K_T
    PIN/ID
    23EEFC57

Thanks for the input.appreciate it.

K_T
    PIN/ID
    23EEFC57

Quote Originally Posted by aergern
    The Cingular 4.2.0.73 works JUST fine with your phone as I have the same one. The thing is that if it's the Blackberry OS for the 8100 then it works with any 8100 regardless of the carrier. I found 4.2.1.66 had to many issues so I've been using 4.2.0.73 and it works great.
    I went to cingular's website and the only have 8100c not regular 8100. It's 4.2.0.89 Any ideas?
    Thanks

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

that is the package number... on Cingular's list of devices you will see 8100 (red), that has the 0.73 version
    4.2.0.89 is the package number for OS 4.2.0.73 so you can download it
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

gocubbies13 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just looked and I have the .67 OS and I'm with T-Mobile. Is .64 the latest or should I stick with .67?

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

You guys at this forum just absolutely rock!!!!!!! This is the most helpful and best forum I've been on and the first one I have actually posted on too. Right now I'm downloading the Cingular software and I'm going to upgrade from the TMobile .64 version. I will let you guys know if I experience any problems etc. I was too chicken to try the Italian TMo version as various posters remarked that it was a bit unstable and some people experienced problems in upgrading.
    How long will loading the OS on my Pearl take? I remember reading in another thread that it takes about an hour. Also, will I lose all the data on my phone? If I back everything up how do I reinstall the backed up data on my Pearl? Do I use the Backup and Restore tab on the DM to do that?
    Thanks for any help that you guys can give in this regard. If any kind soul out there can give me (a newbie) step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade I will be really grateful.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Well this guy claims he has a new OS but won't give it to anyone, I don't know how true it is or not, or if it changes anything. I believe it is .91?(not 100% sure on the version #).

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by gocubbies13
    I just looked and I have the .67 OS and I'm with T-Mobile. Is .64 the latest or should I stick with .67?
    The latest is the TIM OS. I believe cliffr posted a link above.

.64 as said above has a memory leak issue.

The TIM os doesn't and has a lotta cool things that aren't on the older oses.

1. It has desktop view in the browser which means you can quickly go through a web page as if you were on your computer(it has the arrow just like the computer) and is faster if you need to get to the bottom of a page.
    2. You can turn Autodim off! (yay!)

There are many more but I don't feel like listing them and they are all in the thread so just look there.

iamrex no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f71b3c

Can Blackberry just give us the latest OS? instead of all diffrent version. So what is the latest version without any BUGS???
    iloveu

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    2. You can turn Autodim off! (yay!)
    In that operating system, when you turn Autodim OFF, does the keypad and trackball lighting still turn on when it's not very bright around or does it stay off?

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by iamrex
    Can Blackberry just give us the latest OS? instead of all diffrent version. So what is the latest version without any BUGS???
    as pointed out earlier in the thread .73 Cingular is the latest stable version. TMo Italy is newer, but does have some bugs as well as some enhancements that are not in the .73 version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast