Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The software has become available for DL. at http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade it is Handheld Software (v 4.3.0.115), ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Thumbs up LATEST OS: TMO 8120 v4.3.0.115

Advertisement

The software has become available for DL. at http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade it is Handheld Software (v 4.3.0.115), and is 109 MBs
    As I do not own this phone I havn't run an install of it, but I know some times it will have changes to the final release that are not on the first few phones out. So if some one loads this, and when you plug in it says updates available.
    PLEASE let your fellow users know!
    Happy Barrying!
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

saigon no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for that man. Just ordered the 8120 today so this is a great file to have!

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by saigon View Post
    Thanks for that man. Just ordered the 8120 today so this is a great file to have!

Yes sir! Your welcome heck I got software for stuff I done't own cuz i work on som e many. I was waiting for this one to come out !
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

pumpkin24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    that is the software that my pearl2 has...came with..not sure I understand what this is for... Will it help the rebooting??

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I downloaded this to my PC this morning in preparation for purchasing my 8120. I also backed up my 8100 to transfer the stuff to it. I am so ready for the upgrade.

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just got one today, and it came loaded with the.115. Stupid question: is this the "same" as the 4.5 for the 8100? (i.e. will this one support the stereo bluetooth headphones and the 8G card?) THanks, Bill

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by marigotrip View Post
    Just got one today, and it came loaded with the.115. Stupid question: is this the "same" as the 4.5 for the 8100? (i.e. will this one support the stereo bluetooth headphones and the 8G card?) THanks, Bill
    No 4.3 loaded on 8120 is not the same as 4.5, it is missing some key features of 4.5, ie documents to go, as well as some small feature/settings changes that will be present in 4.5, most of the basic functionality is that of the future 4.5 release. yes stereo bluetooth works for music (sadly not video, come on RIM!!! my treo 750 can do this why not my blackberry!!) and 8gb microSD no problem at all, just format it first in the device and all should be well.

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin24 View Post
    that is the software that my pearl2 has...came with..not sure I understand what this is for... Will it help the rebooting??
    If you having issues with rebooting, its probably because of your media card. I had the same problem until I changed all the folders created on my 8100 to folders created on my 8120 and that totally did the trick. Good Luck!

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0
    I can't get The Desktop Manager to recognize the new OS. I've upgraded my 8100 OS five or six times and never had a single problem.
    This time I started by upgrading the DM, then installed the handset OS, then plugged in the phone and got nothing. I didn't delete vendor.xml because my provider is T-mobile. I tried navigating to the new files through the app loader and got the "No additional applications designed for your device were found" error. I then uninstalled the desktop manager and all the handset software (8100 and 8120) on my machine, reinstalled the Desktop Manager, rebooted, reinstalled the handset software, rebooted, and... nothing. Finally, I uninstalled everything, then installed handset software 1st, reboot, then desktop Manager, reboot, and again. . . nothing.
    I don't know what else to try, anyone got any ideas?

FWIW, I'm currently running 4.3.0.105, the T-mo OS is 4.3.0.115.

pumpkin24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok things were going pretty good for a few days then this morning I was on the phone and it rebooted while I was talking... Makes me crazy!!! I did format the media card...T-Mobile says we just have to wait for new os...

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0
    Well, it turned out vendor.xml is tied to how the phone is branded, not who your service provider is. Oh well. Deleted it, new OS is installed and seems to be working a tiny bit snappier than the .105. Also, the battery life seems to be better. Up to now my 8120 had really sucked up juice compared to my 8100, it seems to be more comparable now. Anyone else notice an improvement there?

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by astroboy View Post
    Well, it turned out vendor.xml is tied to how the phone is branded, not who your service provider is. Oh well. Deleted it, new OS is installed and seems to be working a tiny bit snappier than the .105. Also, the battery life seems to be better. Up to now my 8120 had really sucked up juice compared to my 8100, it seems to be more comparable now. Anyone else notice an improvement there?

Just a Question for you on battery life, You are leaving WIFI and Bluetoth off when not in use right> this tends to help with battery life. I have been thinking I might pull all the WIFI Cods off it and try it on my Old Pearl, just for fun as it were. Problably Brick it big time. But might be supper fun LOL
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm sure I don't really need it, but can this be made available for those not on T-mobile??

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    I'm sure I don't really need it, but can this be made available for those not on T-mobile??
    You have to have a T-mobile phone nubmer to get to the DL page. Unless some one posts it out side of there. I could do that later today maybe, when i am not at work
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That would be great! I know I don't really need it - but I love upgrading whenever one comes out... each one seems to be a bit better than the last. Or it's all in my head, but hey, that works too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast