What is the latest Blackberry OS that I can install on my Telus Mobility Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

atomicrabbit no está en línea Stack level 1

latest os I can install on my telus 8130?

Advertisement

What is the latest Blackberry OS that I can install on my Telus Mobility Pearl 8130, and where can I get it?

Is 4.5 the latest version I can install on my 8130? How about 4.6?

Are there any issues with it ATM? problems, compatibility issues, etc?

Also, any instructions would be nice.
    Last edited by atomicrabbit; 10-23-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Carlz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301cafeb
    where did you find the 4.5 for telus?

doesn't exist, but I know you can install 4.5 on the 8130... I've done it once before, but had to revert back because of a problem I was having (whihc I later found out it was a problem with one of the applications I had installed, not the OS software).

I know you can get the 4.5 software directly from blackberry's general downloads section, but can I install the 4.6 software or is that specifically for other (newer) BB devices

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can find links to the latest OS for your device here.

Alltel had released one this morning, but has since pulled it from their web site for some reason.

4.6 is currently only for newer devices.

I went there, clicked the link on the first post, but the site didn't have the 4.5 software, only 4.0, 4.1 and 4.6

EDIT.. nevermind... got it

any instructions on how to properly update? Will the update erase all my currently installed apps
    Last edited by atomicrabbit; 10-23-2008 at 10:52 PM.

can I use the 4.6 desktop software with the 4.5 OS, or should I stick with the 4.5 DM ?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicrabbit View Post
    can I use the 4.6 desktop software with the 4.5 OS, or should I stick with the 4.5 DM ?
    either will work.i would get the most recent
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    well i was on the phone with telus for a few hours about a few things.. and we got on the topic of that and a few other things the guy said to me this is a forsure it will be out at the end of this or next month cuz they are getin the storm soon to so.. cuz he was tellin me i can trade in the 8130 and pay 100 on top and get the storm but ya lol anyways.. back to the topic the 4.5 will be out at the end of this month or next.. i dont get telus is so big here and yet they so behind on **** its not funny.. like the MMS thing bein removed is a piss of but the 4.5 takin so long is more of a piss off but ya just wait it will be here

why wait for them to release it when you can install it yourself from another carrier's download page... read the posts above. I just finished installing it on my telus 8130. Works like a charm... i looovvvveee html email

btw... the 8130 trade-in + $100 for the storm... is that a standing offer to all telus customers who own a Pearl 8130?? Or was that just an offer made to you specifically? That's not a bad offer since the storm is prolly going to be sold for $600 or more.

@catside (or anyone else who'd like to answer this question): After installing Desktop Manager 4.5, I can't seem to back up third party apps by going to Device Switch Wizard. When I click the Start button, it seems to start backing up, then hang in the middle of the process. Any ideas? I tried it on 2 separate computers.

Note: This happened before and after upgrading to OS 4.5. I had upgraded the Desktop Manager first, then went to back everything up from my 8130 with OS 4.3 still. It would always hang on the third party backup. After uninstall Desktop Manager 4.5 and re-installing DM 4.3, I was able to backup no problem. Like I said this happened on 2 separate computers, so I don't think it's specific to the computer, but rather a bug in the DM 4.5 software. Same thing happened after I upgraded the OS to 4.5. Any ideas?
    Last edited by atomicrabbit; 10-28-2008 at 02:04 PM.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    well he said it to me cuz i was on the phone with the dude for like 2/3 hours cuz had a few things i wanted to get worked out and find out...cuz they called me and said do i want a free phone and thats how i got the blackberry cuz sister has been with them for over 5 years so she has credit to get a new phone of her pick anyone she wants so anyways back on topic..

ya im not sure give em a call with a made up prob and ask them cuz he said something about credit with takin the phone in and doin this stuff but ya..

i would not install it from another carrier its not a bad wait so i just got the phone not even 5 months ago so lol no big to me so far but i would like it for the html email and the themes that are only for the 4.5 just wish telus would change the sms limit to pages or like 3000 words or something or enable the mms