I have been using T-mobile's OS (.64 i believe) and have been debating whether or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Latest OS help......

Advertisement

I have been using T-mobile's OS (.64 i believe) and have been debating whether or not to upgrade to the TMO Italy that i'm sure most of you have now, but I don't want to read through a 30+ page thread to get the info i need.

I know i'm supposed to delete the vendor.xml file. Is there anything i need to do with the dst patch, and if so where can i get that? i have the dst patch installed on my pearl currently.

what else do i need to know/do in order for my upgrade of the OS to work properly? is it even worth it to do at this point? i remember reading T-mobile has another OS that's supposed to be out sometime in the near future i believe.

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Latest OS help......

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    I have been using T-mobile's OS (.64 i believe) and have been debating whether or not to upgrade to the TMO Italy that i'm sure most of you have now, but I don't want to read through a 30+ page thread to get the info i need.

I know i'm supposed to delete the vendor.xml file. Is there anything i need to do with the dst patch, and if so where can i get that? i have the dst patch installed on my pearl currently.

what else do i need to know/do in order for my upgrade of the OS to work properly? is it even worth it to do at this point? i remember reading T-mobile has another OS that's supposed to be out sometime in the near future i believe.
    Mud

I to have Tmo and was a little worried about doing the upgrade. However I took the leap, and I will say it was worth it. The over all performance seems to be much better, also battery life seems to be better as well.

As far as the install. It was very easy. Run the installer, then deleat or rename the vendor.xml. Then run DM w/ BB attached, and then wait.

It worked like a charm for me, the only thing that I had to do was w/ myfaves, and that was a simple as going to the myfaves options and clicking refresh.

Hope this helps a little

Oh and I am a noob to the BB and this site, so I am affraid I cant help as far the dst patch (hell not even sure what that is) lol

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Re: Latest OS help......

Yeah take the leap and upgrade. If you don't like it then just go back to what you're using now. Or go to Cingy's .71 or .73 if you want more stability. Basically the TMO .64 is junk so try something new.

You won't need to worry about the DST Patch.