Ok so because of what I've been reading it looks like 4.3 will not be ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3

Latest operating system for pearl 8100

Advertisement

Ok so because of what I've been reading it looks like 4.3 will not be a reality for the 8100 because RIM just wants to sell more of the newer version. So can someone point me to a link for the most updated operating system for the pearl? Currently I'm running 4.2.1.66 on T Mobile. Also if there is a newer one please tell me the advantages over the os I have. A big thanks in advance.

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb

Re: Latest operating system for pearl 8100

here is the newest just del vendor.xml and load to your pearl
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A
    v4.2.1.181 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.2.1.109; Platform: 2.3.0.85; Size: 73.29mb
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
    Ok so because of what I've been reading it looks like 4.3 will not be a reality for the 8100 because RIM just wants to sell more of the newer version. So can someone point me to a link for the most updated operating system for the pearl? Currently I'm running 4.2.1.66 on T Mobile. Also if there is a newer one please tell me the advantages over the os I have. A big thanks in advance.

RIM is building the 4.3OS for the 8100. This is old news I thought everyone knew it, dont know where your getting your facts from. There even building a version for the 8700.

The latest is 4.2.1.109...
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-18-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardrblc View Post
    here is the newest just del vendor.xml and load to your pearl
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A
    v4.2.1.181 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.2.1.109; Platform: 2.3.0.85; Size: 73.29mb
    I guess then the bigger question is when then?? People have been talking about 4.3 os for pearl now for like 4 months. I'd like to get this new os before people are using space ships to commute ....lol! Also I've read recent posts that said the pearl could not support this 4.3 os?

tj2311111 Guest

Its suppose to be released the first quarter of 2008, which were in. (Speculations) It could be the next couple of weeks or a month or so. No one has a direct date or knows for sure. Why wouldn't the Pearl support the 4.3OS? Makes no sense its just like any other upgrade for the Pearl but with new features. The only thing we might not be able to do with the upgrade that others can is video recording. Dont know. Just be patient and enjoy the OS your running, when the upgrade comes it comes. Its no major thing anymore.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

The release of 4.3 for the 8100s is simply rumor at this point. At one point around Thanksgiving, the rumors were "sometime in December". The rumors are now "sometime in the 1st quarter".

The recent posts that you may be referring to are regarding the one 4.3 release that circulated thru here a couple of times recently. The first time was a couple of months ago, it was released to some people mislabeled as a "beta release" for the 8100s, when it was in fact a release for the 8120s. Somewhere along the line about a month ago, it wound up in a torrent file and started circulating again. This has resulted in some folks thinking the 4.3 won't work with the Pearls.

I don't know if they will ever release it for the 8100, but I've yet to hear anything definitive one way or the other.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Its suppose to be released the first quarter of 2008, which were in. (Speculations) It could be the next couple of weeks or a month or so. No one has a direct date or knows for sure. Why wouldn't the Pearl support the 4.3OS? Makes no sense its just like any other upgrade for the Pearl but with new features. The only thing we might not be able to do with the upgrade that others can is video recording. Dont know. Just be patient and enjoy the OS your running, when the upgrade comes it comes. Its no major thing anymore.
    Thanks! I guess ill just keep waiting. I guess I will wait for the 4.3 os before I do any other upgrades.

tj2311111 Guest

I would upgrade to a newer OS by the time though. I see your running 4.2.1.66, I would go with 4.2.1.107 (tmobile latest) or one of the newer ones (4.2.1.108 or 4.2.1.109). Then when you upgraded to one of those you should be fine for the wait, no matter how long it might be for 4.3.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    I would upgrade to a newer OS by the time though. I see your running 4.2.1.66, I would go with 4.2.1.107 (tmobile latest) or one of the newer ones (4.2.1.108 or 4.2.1.109). Then when you upgraded to one of those you should be fine for the wait, no matter how long it might be for 4.3.
    Thanks again! Do you know what the differences are between what I have now and this latest os I've been provided the link for?

tj2311111 Guest

Honestly I dont even remember using that OS your running. But I will say the newer OS's will feel faster and smoother, been like that for every progressing update Ive gone through (gets better). There will also be some new features and fixes that might not be in the version your using. What exactly I cant answer since I dont remember that version at all.

One last thing, when I dl the new OS or newer one, I won't lose anything like bookmarks (interne) or any applications right?

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC View Post
    One last thing, when I dl the new OS or newer one, I won't lose anything like bookmarks (interne) or any applications right?

Make sure you do a backup first. Ive never lost any applications. But I have lost settings for applications (which I had to setup again) and BB Messenger contacts (its a hit or miss restoring these). I dont think you will lose your BB browser bookmarks (look for it when your doing the backup, to see if it saves it). But yeah when upgrading backups are the key.

You never did a upgrade of your OS before? Its basically the same for all.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-18-2008 at 10:56 PM.

I'm having difficulty getting the new os to load. I downloaded the new desktop manager and that worked fine. Then I downloaded the new os . When I click on it the install wizard says its complete but then what do I do? Is there a link with detailed info about this?

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3

Make sure you remove the old handheld software first, through Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel. Once you do that, install the new handheld software you just downloaded (if it's already installed that's fine, just leave it). Delete the vendor.xml file, connect your Blackberry, open desktop manager, start the Application Loader, and it should report that there's new software for your device.

Check here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html