Hi, I installed it on the 27th, and please keep in mind it is the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

Question Latest 8100 OS: Rogers 4.2.1.189 problems

Advertisement

Hi,

I installed it on the 27th, and please keep in mind it is the first upgrade I have done in about 7-8 months, so I jumped over many of the other upgrades. These problems might have already been found, but my searches came up with nothing.

The upgrade went almost flawlessly. I had no indication of errors. But when all was done, some of my settings were gone. Like the APN setting and some of the software configs like facebook, bbweather, maps, piconews, etc. Anyway I got all of these working now.

Outstanding issues:
    also When editing calendar it takes about 10 seconds to save addition or change. It says Changes Made! but freezes on it for about 10 seconds
    I do notice that when I click to save the changes it looks like it start some communication, like maybe it is looking to update my calendar on a BES server, but I do not connect to one.

3rd party software: digby cannot update, even though I made the APN config change and got my other 3rd parth internet apps to work.

Anyway, any assistance as to what I should do would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Allan

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

Re: Latest 8100 OS: Rogers 4.2.1.189 problems

If it's the first time using some of the items (like the calender) after the install, it may take a little bit for it to initialize. That's normal in this case. With every update I've done, that seems to happen here and there. Just let it go and it'll set itself right. With the 3rd party software, if you're having problems with Digby (as you said) remove it and reinstall it. See if that fixes it. Good luck!
    THE ONE AND ONLY DAIIKUN
    Otherwise known as "Cherri's Playmate"
    MySpace

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have experienced your problems, regularly, on the following OS versions: TMO 4.2.1.107; Rogers 4.2.1.94; Cingular 4.2.1.73. The only OS that has worked nearly flawlessly is TMO 4.2.0.64.

Other upgrades had problems that seemed to have "Le problem du jour." It was always something different! I had MicroSky working on a given set of permission settings, for instance... And suddenly NO setting would work, not even 'allow EVERYTHING'! Reverting to '.64' restored operation to three or four other apps that suddenly broke, as well.

Bottom Line: I'm convinced that there are compatibility problems with CERTAIN 8100's.

FWIW.

veache no está en línea Stack level 1

guys where can i find solutions for bb pearl opera apn att usa?

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm running the 4.2.1.109 (this is the latest available so I assume this is what you mean) software from Rogers on my Cingular/ATT Pearl without any issues. It's noticably faster than the .96 software that ATT has on their site and I don't notice as many glitches, delays, etc.

You might want to try doing a javaloader wipe on your device and reloading the OS - maybe it just didn't take the upgrade correctly.

Veache - Not sure what you're looking for.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

I use 4.2.1.108 myself. Its one of the fastest OS i have used. I had .96 and .101 before and non of them were fast. It took about 2 min to load about 46 pictures on my phone but with the .108 it takes less than a sec!

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~were do you get Rogers OS softwear from I'm on Cingular and it runs so slow my hour glass comes on a lot I mean when I'm on ***** it basically freezes I'm on an 8100

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

im still using .101 and very happy with it.

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

Quote Originally Posted by drdoom23 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~were do you get Rogers OS softwear from I'm on Cingular and it runs so slow my hour glass comes on a lot I mean when I'm on ***** it basically freezes I'm on an 8100
    In my post on the Rogers sub-forum there is a link to downloading the software. Then install it. Then search for vendor.xml on your computer. Delete it. Then plug in your BlackBerry. Your PC will see it. Install.
    Last edited by Moridar; 12-30-2007 at 08:59 AM. Reason: added link