I used to have the Sony-Ericsson T610 and I loved how when the phone went ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sageleader no está en línea Stack level 1

Large Clock / Screen saver anywhere?

Advertisement

I used to have the Sony-Ericsson T610 and I loved how when the phone went into sleep/standby mode there was a huge clock that would be displayed on the screen dimmed. When you hit one of the volume buttons the clock would light up momentarily. Since I never use a watch this was an important feature to me, and unfortunately the Pearl has a tiny clock that you can't at all see when the phone automatically goes into sleep mode. So I'm wondering if there is any kind of add-on or theme software that will display a large clock, preferably during sleep mode. Anyone know of any way to do this?

jbj9871 no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is a program bmd talking clock on get jar.com no sound on my 8700 but may work on the 8100. Go to the java generic section and then go to time and calender apps ok I just heard it while typeing this I guess it does work on the 8700.the display it not that big but you might like it.

How do you install .jar files on the Pearl without an .ajx file?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    sageleader, Welcome to PinStack.

I don't think you can install jar files. The BlackBerry uses Cod files for the actual apps. The alx file is the control file that works with Desktop manager to install the Cod files, and if you are talking about an OTA install, the alx file is replaced with a jad file.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

OK I figured out how to install Java files on the Pearl but the program that was suggested is not what I was looking for.

I basically want a clock to display instead of my screen going blank after 30 seconds. Is there any screen saver software or anything that would work like this? I don't want to select a program every time I want to see the clock, I want it to be automatic.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I haven't seen one that will do that. Don't even know where to suggest you look.

Sorry.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

OK I found a screensaver program that adds a screensaver option to the Options menu and displays Star Wars pictures after 30 seconds. It's exactly what I want except without the clock thing. So now my question is: How can I edit .cod files or convert them to .jar and/or .jad files? I have the JDE and SDK and I know some java, so I'm just going to do it myself.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Don't know if you can edit a cod file. I think you have to have the source code to edit. The cod file is what is installed on the BB. The Jad file is used to load the cod file to the BB on OTA installs. And if you want to Load the cod file using Desktop manager, you will need to create an alx file to replace the jad file

At least that's the way I understand how the Blackberry App Installer works.

Hope this helps, but I doubt it. Heck, it may be totally wrong.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer