I was trying to follow your instructions to backup OTA applications. When I get to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

KRADEST, I got a question for ya.

Advertisement

I was trying to follow your instructions to backup OTA applications.

When I get to step 5. I get stuck.

No files copy to my desktop and I can't find them when I search my pc. Am I looking for cod files or the alx it makes or what?

Nice site BTW. Thanks.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: KRADEST, I got a question for ya.

you will see a window popup and it will appear that files will be copying to your computer. Once this process is complete, do not hit next.

While the files were copying, try and see if you can remember the name of one. Then open "search" in windows and hit advanced settings and select, "hidden and system folders"

input the name of what you saw while it was backing up to your computer. Search will then find it, right click on the file and hit "open containing folder".

In this folder you will see all of your ota apps without a file extension... you will also notice an alx file with a weird name like 20839hjsdjh.alx

copy the contents of this folder to another part of your computer. then cancel out of the desktop manager wizard.

wipe your blackberry and reload os...

when you get to apploader or applicaiton. Select "add" and then navigate to where you save the contents of that folder. Click on the weird alx file and all your ota and third party apps will appear. Click on the ones you want and hit next and they will transfer to your blackberry.

I have completed the process twice, so i know it works.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

if you have berry411 or beyond411..

do a search for just berry411 or the other. Make sure to check hidden and system folders. It is saved to a random folder in the temp directory of your use account, hence why i said to search because it will be different according to many factors

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

Awesome.

I have actually been using blackberry simulator to download games and themes you can only get OTA since I don't have bbinternet yet . Then I use the Switch Device in DM to switch just the 3rd party apps over to my pearl. Works great, but I wanted to back them up so i can uninstall and reinstall as needed.

So, I tried again and had no success. So I opened my temp folder after my search came up with nothing and I searched my temp folder for *.alx and found a funny named alx file. Then I opened the folder it was in and it was the one!!

Thanks again man.

Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    Awesome.

I have actually been using blackberry simulator to download games and themes you can only get OTA since I don't have bbinternet yet . Then I use the Switch Device in DM to switch just the 3rd party apps over to my pearl. Works great, but I wanted to back them up so i can uninstall and reinstall as needed.

So, I tried again and had no success. So I opened my temp folder after my search came up with nothing and I searched my temp folder for *.alx and found a funny named alx file. Then I opened the folder it was in and it was the one!!

Thanks again man.
    make sure to save all the files in the temp folder... you will need them all not just the alx file.

Nikols no está en línea Stack level 2

So I just cant seem to figure this out.

I have looked for and cant find the file that it is supposed to make.

Can you walk me through this again.

I am using 4.2 SP2 with the .101 OS

Thanks in advance for your help