Pinstackers, I called Cingular on Saturday evening to discuss the problems I was having with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rufus116 no está en línea Stack level 1

Known issue: Cingular Pearl losing Browser Icon

Advertisement

Pinstackers,

I called Cingular on Saturday evening to discuss the problems I was having with my recently purchased (May 2007) BB Pearl from them. I was having an error message on boot-up and had lost my browser icon.

Cingular reported that there was a known issue with losing the browser icon for recently shipped Pearls shipped with v4.2.0.73 OS and Desktop Manager v4.2, and they gave me detailed instructions to upgrade my Desktop Manager software to v4.2 SP2 and to re-load the 4.2.0.73 OS on my Pearl.

This solution worked fine for me, and I wanted to report this solution for the benefit of others suffering from this problem. You can get detailed instructions by following this link to another thread on this website: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...sed_up_my.html

Look down about 13 posts for a detailed set of instructions, and good luck to those of you wrestling with this. The instructions solved my problems perfectly.

rufus116

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Re: Known issue: Cingular Pearl losing Browser Icon

Hey thanks! Great info