so i got an 8100 from my brother as my phone crapped out. have my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

c1ty5tar no está en línea Stack level 1

kinda lost...

Advertisement

so i got an 8100 from my brother as my phone crapped out. have my data plan. i wiped the phone, got everything set up. go to set up my email but it says that there is already an email assigned to this pin? so i run the setup wizard, do the email, enter my pin and imei and it says they are incorrect.

now, i had a bb a few years ago and had this same pop3 mail server set up on it. would that be affecting anything?

otherwise i just need some help. im a bit lost.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Nope... Your brother has to go in and get rid of his BIS account before you can start a new one. The other option is he could send you the link to the BIS account and you could edit the existing settings.

If you are with a different carrier then the former is the step to be taken.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Your brother will need to release the PIN for the BB so you are able to add your info. The PIN for that BB is associated with his account.

c1ty5tar no está en línea Stack level 1
    ok. even though it is through the same provider and i had to call to get this phone set on my account?

i have the pin number, is that it? or do i need a defferent one?