hey guys, quick question... does anybody elses keys feel kinda flimsy? mine make weird noses ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bberry124 no está en línea Stack level 2

keys sound weird?

Advertisement

hey guys, quick question... does anybody elses keys feel kinda flimsy? mine make weird noses sometimes when im typing fast on them.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: keys sound weird?

I am not up to typing fast on the Pearl yet, I havent even had it a week now, but mine seems fine and sturdy.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Some folks have made comments about the feeling of the keys feeling flimsy and such... others like RK below feel they are fine... Personal perception i think. Just make sure they are not coming loose.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

astroboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252FE5C0

I noticed right away that mine sound like there's some sort of adhesive that spilled beneath them in the manufacturing process or something. Especially the upper left hand side of the keyboard. They don't feel loose or messed up, a couple of them just make a sound like they're sticking to tape when I push them. Interesting to see that others have noticed something.

absolved no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes they sound squishy for me, exactly like that sticky tape sound. I actually never had a problem with my keys until I compared it with a friend who hardly ever used her BB and her keys are nice and tight. Feels a lot more solid than mines.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by astroboy
    I noticed right away that mine sound like there's some sort of adhesive that spilled beneath them in the manufacturing process or something. Especially the upper left hand side of the keyboard. They don't feel loose or messed up, a couple of them just make a sound like they're sticking to tape when I push them. Interesting to see that others have noticed something.
    same here but I notice this only when i press hard

u4ya no está en línea Stack level 1

My *sym key seems like it's kind of off like it's not on the post exactly right or the mechanism of the key is faulty or will fail eventually. I tried to take it back to the Rogers dealer I purchased both my and my wife's pearl from explaining that I felt this would ultimately be a busted key, my wife's didn't have any problems with any of her keys and he just shrugged it off saying that his space key felt the same and he couldn't take it back as rim wouldn't recognize this as a problem unless they could see the key actually not working and they would then have a used phone. I still think it's gonna be a busted key and will be pursuing this further with RIM directly.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

u4ya, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles