Slight problem here... 10 mins after using my phone, with no issues, I go to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Fraktal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB05DB

Keypad stopped working!

Advertisement

Slight problem here... 10 mins after using my phone, with no issues, I go to check a message and certain keys started acting strangely. After a few battery pulls the whole keyboard stops working except 30 seconds after I push a bunch a keys the screen will come on and it will start typing "Qeqeqeqeqeqeqeqeqe" then I can press back and it goes to the menu but with no keypad functionality. Oh wait, now keys are working except with odd results. Can't use the pearl button in the main menu but I can in messages. Help please? It doesn't seem like any keys are stuck because I can type normaly when typing in a number; however, while texting certain keys send the message or go back.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Fraktal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB05DB

Re: Keypad stopped working!

As of this morning, all the keys work properly except the ball. When I push down it's as if I'm pushing the !,Q,W key. My phone is possessed.

nik0 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Pull the battery and let it sit keypad side down for a few hours. It's possible theres a little bit of moisture in the keypad/board. This happened to a budddy of mine with a 8700.

gurpreet no está en línea Stack level 1

does the scroll also stop working after a few months of use?

macdaturkey no está en línea Stack level 1

I am also having this problem now. I just bought my blackberry about 2 days ago and I don't know whats wrong with it. Theres no water damage at all and its not sticky keys nither. My blackberry feels like it is going really slow and when I press some buttons it also shows "Qeqeqeqeqeqe...".

I can't access the menu nither and I just got the code to unlock my phone so write now I can't call with the phone or use it for anything. How do you fix this problem?! Someone please reply with an answer to this problem please!!