Hey, my friend has a blackberry pearl 8100 at&t and something happend to her keypad ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PeaRlyWhiiTe no está en línea Stack level 1

keypad problem HELP!!

Advertisement

Hey, my friend has a blackberry pearl 8100 at&t and something happend to her keypad like anything she tries to type turns out all scrambled up all the letters and numbers dont come out whatever she pushes help plz don't know what to do any answers will help right now thank you

P.s
    No didn't drop in water or anthing just stopped working

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Sorry to hear of your friend's misfortune.

I know it sounds simple, but did you try a battery pull? If that doesn't work, I'm afraid to say that there actually may be a hardware problem.

Also, does it act like it's is multi-tap mode instead of suretype? Multi-tap is like a regular "dumb phone" where you press it once for the first letter and again for the second letter.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PeaRlyWhiiTe no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh you serious... Hardware problem that sucks yeah. Tried a battery pull I can't even get into the phone she have a password to it and everything comes out all jumbled up like examle if she pushed the button with the words ER it would come like T or W now that's werid and the trackball comes out the letter T instead of enter so the phones dead n basicly right?

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I couldn't say for sure, but it sounds like something serious.

Perhaps you can take it in to the ATT store and see what they have to say... Sorry. Just grasping at straws at this point.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade