Hey guys, quick question...my keypad has stopped working while I'm on my homescreen. I can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

maybear25 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Keypad not working

Advertisement

Hey guys, quick question...my keypad has stopped working while I'm on my homescreen. I can still make calls using my address book and I can still send out texts...though I cannot directly dial a phone number from my home screen. Anyone else out there have this problem? I've had the phone since February and have not experienced any issues with the key pad until now. Any help or suggestions would be helpful, thank you!! )

PS...yes, I have done a battery reset...and still no luck.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Keypad not working

Try updating the OS of the BB to the latest version if you haven't already. If that fails it may need to be serviced or swapped out.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ilanguage.html

Your profile states you have an 8310 but posted in the 8100 forum? Is the model in your profile correct?
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 12-22-2007 at 11:37 PM.

MrCmonster no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Try going to the call log (hit the call buttton) then menu->'options'->'general options'->'dial from home screen'. If that is set to off you can't use the number pad from the home screen, but you can then use the keypad for program shortcuts. Like 'b' to open the browser for instance.

Hope this helps!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

maybear25 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Try updating the OS of the BB to the latest version if you haven't already. If that fails it may need to be serviced or swapped out.

Your profile states you have an 8310 but posted in the 8100 forum? Is the model in your profile correct?
    Actually the model in my profile IS wrong. In fact I don't even have a blackberry anymore...I have an iPhone...it's a bit of a long story but I'll try and cut it short for you:

I used to have the 8100 but I bought an iPhone and gave the 8100 to a friend of mine, he then wanted the 8310 for the full qwerty keyboard...so for an early christmas present I gave him the 8310...but before getting it for him I made sure to do some research on it and look up some wallpapers and themes to set him up with. Thus the profile reading that I have an 8310. Now I'm posting in the 8100 boards because he gave the 8100 to his sister for an early christmas present and she was having issues (the keypad thing) asked me about it...and since I didn't know what was up...I jumped on here because I knew this community was reliable.

Told ya it was a long story. Hahahaha....
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCmonster View Post
    Try going to the call log (hit the call buttton) then menu->'options'->'general options'->'dial from home screen'. If that is set to off you can't use the number pad from the home screen, but you can then use the keypad for program shortcuts. Like 'b' to open the browser for instance.

Hope this helps!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot!
    Last edited by maybear25; 12-23-2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged.

samabbey no está en línea Stack level 1

i phone challenges

Thanks for sharing this with us, i had same problem and it was hell for me, but what i did was to talk to my technical support people, they were very helpful, they asked me to uninstall any problem that i have added onto the phone especially from Cydia manu, such as games etc, i did uninstall them and like magic the keypad worked so, you may want to try that process

Quote Originally Posted by maybear25 View Post
    Hey guys, quick question...my keypad has stopped working while I'm on my homescreen. I can still make calls using my address book and I can still send out texts...though I cannot directly dial a phone number from my home screen. Anyone else out there have this problem? I've had the phone since February and have not experienced any issues with the key pad until now. Any help or suggestions would be helpful, thank you!! )

PS...yes, I have done a battery reset...and still no luck.