i've had the pearl for a few months now from tmo and i recently discovered ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

crystaltears no está en línea Stack level 1

keypad lock problems

Advertisement

i've had the pearl for a few months now from tmo and i recently discovered the keypad lock. i know about the standby mode but i like the idea of putting in a password so no can like get into my phone & look at messages and stuff. i tried it out but when i recieve a call the other person on the other line cant hear me so i have to unlock it and wait a few minutes and then call them back. i'm using OS 4.2.0.64. is there a way to solve this problem or do you think i should update the OS but i dont want to ruin it by updating the OS because i cant live without my pearl?

E!
    E! no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: keypad lock problems

I had a pearl on at&t and I can't remember it doing that. You might want to call tmo about that one.

ByteTheApple no está en línea Stack level 2

4.2.0.64 I think most here will agree with me, was the crappiest OS ever released! Just wait until all your messages and call logs start vanishing spontainiously! Update your OS, if not to the latest .101 at least to Cingy's .89 release.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

okay thanks. yeah i've had my texts and call logs disappear when i first got my phone. if for some reason the update doesn't install right and my phone is like dead is there ways to get it back?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltears
    okay thanks. yeah i've had my texts and call logs disappear when i first got my phone. if for some reason the update doesn't install right and my phone is like dead is there ways to get it back?
    absolutely, all you need to do is reload the OS again. use http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html
    I would recommend either Rogers OS or The new one from austria .101

just finished downloading .101 on my TMO pearl.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 07-19-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    absolutely, all you need to do is reload the OS again. use
    I would recommend either Rogers OS or The new one from austria .101
    I think I'm going to install the one from austria since its the newest but i've read some threads about some people trying to install the OS and it didnt work right for them and their pearl wouldnt turn on or anything so i'm kinda afraid to do it. Is there any bugs with this new OS?

use http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...rade_your.html to get instructs on how to load the OS properly. although one note on 4.2.1.101 from Austria you do not need to delete the vender file. Thought that was neat.

If you have any issues post back, PM me , Or pin me and I/ we will help you get through anything that may happen. You really should not have much to worry about as long as you follow the link. In fact when i said i was just finishing my .101 i litterally meant it. Just finished up now and as far as i can tell works great.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 07-19-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    use to get instructs on how to load the OS properly. although one note on 4.2.1.101 from Austria you do not need to delete the vender file. Thought that was neat.

If you have any issues post back, PM me , Or pin me and I/ we will help you get through anything that may happen. You really should not have much to worry about as long as you follow the link. In fact when i said i was just finishing my .101 i litterally meant it. Just finished up now and as far as i can tell works great.
    Okay thanks I'm going to install it when i get a chance which wont be for a couple days. I will PM you if i need any help or have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by crystaltears
    Okay thanks I'm going to install it when i get a chance which wont be for a couple days. I will PM you if i need any help or have any questions.
    Good Luck