I just bought a blackberry pearl and I'm completely new to the game. My old ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

StellaCaelum5 no está en línea Stack level 2

Keyboard unlock / Different Vibrations?

Advertisement

I just bought a blackberry pearl and I'm completely new to the game. My old phone was a MotoSLVR and I really liked it. I'm definitely excited about my new bb, but I have a few questions....

1) Is there a way when I lock the keyboard that I can just scroll the pearl and click "unlock" to unlock it? Right now if I try that it still says I have to press *(call)

2) Is there a way to have different vibrations?? My old SLVR had things like "vibrate dash, vibrate dot dash" etc....

3) I inserted my microSD card with .jar games and ringtones and pictures on it... but I dont' see it on my blackberry under media... Help?

Thanks!

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12
    hi buddy! the moto slvr and the blackberry are very diferents phoens, ok, the first answer: in the home page of you BB you gonna find a padlock icon called just "keyboard lock", just push your trackball and you phone is now locked up! fou unlock the keyboard just follow the instructions....

second answer: no! only one way to viration, but its have a lot of things more that you old phone

third answer: you only gonna see files that you insert in ur memory card like: videos, mp3, wma,pictures,and some kind of documents, if you want games in your BB yoou have to install them thru desktop manager( the formats is axl and cod)

so if you have another doubt just let me know, pim me out!
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

Quote Originally Posted by skanarkia View Post
    hi buddy! the moto slvr and the blackberry are very diferents phoens, ok, the first answer: in the home page of you BB you gonna find a padlock icon called just "keyboard lock", just push your trackball and you phone is now locked up! fou unlock the keyboard just follow the instructions....

second answer: no! only one way to viration, but its have a lot of things more that you old phone

third answer: you only gonna see files that you insert in ur memory card like: videos, mp3, wma,pictures,and some kind of documents, if you want games in your BB yoou have to install them thru desktop manager( the formats is axl and cod)

so if you have another doubt just let me know, pim me out!

Hey! Thanks for the response.... I can lock the phone fine but it's just when I scroll and the little screen comes up and has options like "unlock" "Emergency call" and "Cancel"... I can't just press down on the pearl when highliting the "unlock" option to unlock the phone.... I have to press *(call).....

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Nope kind of would ruin the purpose of Lock if the phone was in your pocket and the ball is accidentaly pressed would unlock the phone if you hold the mute button on the top down it will put the phone in standby mode and you could just press mute again to bring it back I think that will serve your purpose and at the same time save battery power~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Oh okay. Good tip. Thanks.

I was frustrated because my friend has an 8700 and he can unlock it by just scrolling and selecing "unlock"..... I just wanted to do the same....

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also you can install apps in .jar the way you explained you did. All you have to do is put them on your SD card then to find them on there from the media screen hit the menu button the click explore. Look around for the file when you find it click on it and hit download it should start installing soon after...