I tried an 8130 in the VZW store and generally like the SureType, but I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

powerdog no está en línea Stack level 2

keyboard questions from newbie

Advertisement

I tried an 8130 in the VZW store and generally like the SureType, but I wanted to know:

1. Do you tend to type only until you see your word in the list, then scroll up and enter it?
    2. Do you use your thumb(s) to type? If so, do you have any problem with hitting the surrounding keys?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: keyboard questions from newbie

powerdog -- welcome to pinstack

i tend to just keep typing, unless its suggesting a word that i am not trying to type, then i will scroll to find the right word...

and yep, i use my thumbs sometimes i hit a different key by mistake...i mean, they are tiny keys...you should try typing on the 8300 those keys are even smaller

Thanks. I'm thinking about moving from a Treo, so the Pearl's keys look pretty roomy to me!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

powerdog...I used to use a Samsung, and they keys were a bit smaller then those on a Pearl....and I was able to text Superfast, But I got worried when I got a pearl because of the QWERT keypad, but it really isn't a big deal, you get used to it fairly quick

and its better when using SureType because the majority of the keys only have 2 letters on it, and some keys having only 1

as apposed to a regular cell where there's 3 letters on each key

Lum
    Lum no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    pyou should try typing on the 8300 those keys are even smaller
    Do go dissing the curve!

kertef no está en línea Stack level 1

I use a combination of both, depending on the word, seems I need to use the tracker most often when entering web addresses but for texts and emails its pretty much all about the thumbs. As for bumping other buttons I haven't really run into this problem yet.

I guess it's a difference between new user and experienced. In the store, it was faster for me to scroll up to the completed word. Nice to think that in time, just typing it out will be faster.