I'm having an issue with my Pearl not responding after a manual lock. I've done ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

scotgsxr no está en línea Stack level 1

keyboard lock issue/bug?

Advertisement

I'm having an issue with my Pearl not responding after a manual lock. I've done some searching through the forum and it seems to be very similar to the issue found with putting the pearl into standby mode, and it not comming back after a phone call.

In my case, I have the left side key assigned to keyboard lock, and I also have the security option set to lock the device after 5 minutes. Randomly, I'm suspecting it's when I have a meeting reminder (I hear no ring tone), the device becomes unuseable, with just a red blinking light and blank screen. I've not tried to using the mute key to see if it comes back. I'm fairly positive it was not initally put in standby, unless it does this automatically when it locks for security purposes.

I'll probably schedule a meeting every 15 minutes, lock the device, and see if it happens again, or maybe just call it with a land line while locked.

Just wondering if anyone has anyone seen this when using the keyboard lock?

I'm not opposed to installing the latest OS on the device, either, if someone thinks this will help.

Device information:

8100c
    v4.2.0.71
    Platform 2.2.0.41
    Kernel v3.8.4.28

Other information:

No third party apps installed.
    One custom iPhone theme, I believe it was made by a pinstack member, although it got it from another site.
    A fresh installation was performed last night.
    The only theme I've used since installing the updated Cingular OS is the zen theme.
    I've removed the excess applications to free up memory, but have verfied the issue is present when the default languages/pictures/ringtones, etc are installed.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: keyboard lock issue/bug?

when you say you use the 'convenience' key, have you actually tried holding down the * key and locking it that way? that's what i use and i get all my notifications...

alternatively, AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS APP, you can download this :
    http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software

I've actually never tried using the * key. I'll definitely give that a shot .

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

have you tried a alt + LGLG to clear the log, then pulled the battery for a hard reset?

I've used alt + LGLG and cleared the log recently. When the issue comes up there is no other solution but to do a battery pull.

I'll do both now.

Done, I've another meeting reminder set in a few minutes.

I don't know maybe I am putting it in standby and just don't know it. I usually carry it in my pocket, because we have a 8700c monster that I also have to carry sometimes.

I will say the final results are the same a putting the device in standby and getting a reminder. Pushing the speaker key brings it back, I didn't know that before my search here.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry for posting a new topic on a known issue...