Is it possible to clean under the keyboard of a bb pearl without having to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Question Keyboard Cleaning?

Advertisement

Is it possible to clean under the keyboard of a bb pearl without having to take apart the whole thing? If not then a step by step guide on how to do it otherwise would be nice. So leave a link to this either way if its possible. Any other comments are alright too.

Thanks in advance,
    COJO 24

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Keyboard Cleaning?

The best thing to do would be; use canned air. Just blow those unwanted particles out of the keypad

PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Ok thanks, I was going to do that anyway but i wanted to know if there was a more effecient way of cleaning this because sometime doing that doesn't always get everything out of the area that I'm trying to clean.

Thanks for the info though,
    COJO 24

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I got canned air the other day, who knew it was such a project. I went into staples to get it and was looking forever and couldn't find it. I asked the lady and she said they can't "keep it on the floor". So I go to the register and they needed to see an ID and had security devices. The thing was worth 7$. They said they have to do this becuase kids snort it (ew). Be prepared.

GotPearl?

Btthus no está en línea Stack level 2

What's so ew about inhaling dusters. Its way too fun~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Btthus
    What's so ew about inhaling dusters. Its way too fun~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ok............................

GotPearl?

PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Lol!!!

gbillings no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301603FD

There are a lot of cracks and what not on the pearl.....if you have kids with sticky fingers and the electric shock's you give them for touching your BB (myyyyyyyyyyyyy precious), than I have found a little trick that works...

The track ball is a sealed unit, more or less, so, I use a q-tip moistened with Isopropyl Alcohol (70% is recommended), and gently move the ball around with the q-tip, let it sit for 10 seconds or so than blast it with an air duster. The ball will be much...... stiffer?, so give it a good workout and it will be as good as new.

The keyboard is not sealed so you can use the q-tip approach just don't get to aggresive. The good thing about alcohol is that it evaporates quickly.

PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Ok well that would work great for outside debris on my pearl but I am actually looking for a better way to clean in the cracks of the keyboard other than using an air duster.

Thanks in advance,

COJO 24