Ok, So I woke up this morning after having my pearl for about 3 months ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mak4a2veli0 no está en línea Stack level 2

Keyboard and trackball NON RESPONSIVE

Advertisement

Ok,
    So I woke up this morning after having my pearl for about 3 months and all of a sudden my buttons are not responding. My trackball moves up and down and side to side but whenever I click in the trackball or try to dial a number it doesn't click and after a 30-45 second delay it brings up the letters q,e.

I can dial any number from 4 on, so 4,5,6,7,8,9 but any time I hit any key above the 4 so any of 1-3 or menu, or trackball etc.. the only thing that responds is Q. So if I hit 3 for example, instead of popping a 3, it pops a q.

I have read through these forums, I cleaned the trackball, did a hard reset, auto reset, took the battery out, left it out for a few minutes, put it back in, I tried using air in a can to blow the keys and underneath the trackball. That is a short fix that works for about 5 min's. Then the problem comes right back and I have to keep lifting up the q, e key and blowing under it to make any of the top keys including the trackball click.

I don't want to wipe the handset as I have so many contacts and it's organized etc and I don't want to have to do that all over again, does anyone else have this issue with key's sticking or becoming unresponsive? Any ideas of something I can do?

No water was spilled on it, no drops, no new app's, nothing has changed except the keys are unresponsive.

I have the pearl with TMobile.

Thanks.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: Keyboard and trackball NON RESPONSIVE

That seems like a hardware issue, not a software one.
    Unless its heat damage like my last Pearl, but that's only because I had a blowdryer on it for too long.

You should call customer service, ask for the BB techies, explain the situation and ask that they replace your device.

If the first one denies you, then keep calling back until they give you what you want!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks. I really don't want to send it back and go through all that. Does anyone know of any other fix's?

As I said it's only on the upper part of the keyboard and trackball and once I blow under the Q,E it works for a few minutes and then does the same thing again..

CMON PLEASE someone has to know.. PLEASE HELP!

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

if you want it to work then you probably have to send it back thats it if you take it apart etc. it will void your warranty and you dont want that just deal with sending it back besides im pretty sure they send you one first

besides sending it back... Is their anything else I can do? Anything else I can try?

Please Help.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Back up the information on the device. Then wipe and reinstall it. That way you won't lose any information.

iamgreekdammit no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey the same problem has happened to me twice before, both times after a night of partying so I was convinced that I spilled water all over it. Turns out I didnt because the second time, I didnt spill water all over my Pearl. you are experiencing what I like to call a lil Pearl Tantrum.

Honestly, what I do for this error is take out the battery and SIM card and blow dry, leave the phone in separate pieces for a while and just let it chill. Every so often, I would power it back up and play with the buttons a lot. Hold down the keys, try and bring them back to life as if they forgot their purpose. one thing tou will find is that each separate horizontal row will only respond to one key tap, the first row usually only pressing Q. Row two would press ad, row three would just press z, so on.

So just press down the keys a lot, and wait it out. Hold down the 6 until it finally gives you a 6, not a gh. And try and get into folders on your phone like messages and just keep it working.

This is probably the weirdest advice ever but this has worked for me twice. Both times, my phone just randomly came back to life. the first time took a day, the next time it took about a day and a half. I cant tell you how I got it working, but I think its just time. Keep putting it back together, coaxing the buttons, and then taking it apart.

Good luck!

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mak4a2veli0
    Thanks. I really don't want to send it back and go through all that. Does anyone know of any other fix's?

As I said it's only on the upper part of the keyboard and trackball and once I blow under the Q,E it works for a few minutes and then does the same thing again..

CMON PLEASE someone has to know.. PLEASE HELP!
    blow harder...no on a serious note, maybe try and use compressed air, blowing obviously did work so maybe something is stuck in there?

CRAZY!

Went home did the same steps as above, restarted and started working...

I think it is a pearl tantrum...

Thanks all...

It has to be a tantrum, or maybe something else..

Yet again, SAME EXACT THING happened.

I get to work this morning and same exact thing. All night last night as soon as I got home, no worries/issues works like a champ.

Went to sleep and woke up and same exact thing.

Is their some blackberry troll that screws with your phone while you sleep and only waits till you get off work?

This is starting to get real annoying as I said it worked as soon as I walked in my house door last night, I get to work this morning and it stops.!

* Confused *

I caved...

I just went ahead and ordered a replacement... Grrr 3 day wait now..

Thanks for all the help guys.