I keep getting a prompt to enter key store password to accept certificates.What do I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ddennis69 no está en línea Stack level 2

key store password

Advertisement

I keep getting a prompt to enter key store password to accept certificates.What do I do if I do not remember the password? Message says all phone data will be erased with 1 more incorrect try!

Duvi no está en línea Stack level 2
    You never set a password? Or you just don't remember it?
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 12-06-2008 at 03:51 AM. Reason: format edit

ddennis69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't remember setting a password, but I'm not going to say that I didn't either. Either way, is there a way to fix this?

If I have set a password, how would I find out what it was?

Mrsncr2002 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305912AA

Smile

This happened to me yesterday. If you indeed enter your key store password incorrectly once more it will wipe out your BB and restore it to its original settings, this may also result in you losing your internet and having to reprogram the entire phone. My best advice is to make a backup of your phone using the BB manager. Go ahead an enter your password incorrectly and let it wipe, then using BB manager you can restore your blackberry back to where it was before this happened (maybe with some manual configuration). I found that after the resotre the only thing i had to reconfigure was my IE. Everything else was there.

Hope this helps

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    He's talking about the keystore password not the device password. From what I have seen the only way around this is to backup the device, wipe the device....then selectively restore the data and make sure not to restore anything related to keystore or certificates. Then the next time you go to a site to get a certificate it should ask you to create a keystore password.

machosos no está en línea Stack level 2
    is there a default key store password??? i have the same problem and i do not remember setting one up ever

machosos no está en línea Stack level 2
    any idea where i could maybe find some more info about this?