I don't have a manual here to look, but I can't seem to figure this ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

key shortcut for quiet profile?

Advertisement

I don't have a manual here to look, but I can't seem to figure this out -- is there a key shortcut to switch between Normal and Quiet profiles? Other than assigning one of the side keys, that is -- those are taken.

I'm talking about on like a Nokia or Samsung where you can hold down the # key that will switch between the two quickly (sort of how you hold down * and it locks the keypad), instead of having to pull up the menu and find the icon & such -- it's a bit of a pain to do it like that.

I see on the O-P key there's a little speaker symbol, but I couldn't quite figure out how to ... use it? or whatnot. Any idea what that's for?

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: key shortcut for quiet profile?

If you hold down the # key it will switch between two profiles. But to pick which two profiles you want to switch between you have to....
    (you will only have to do this one time unless you choose a different profile than the 2 that you are switching between)

1. Go to profiles and select one of the profiles you will be using.
    2. Go back to profiles and choose the other profile you want to use.
    3. Once you've done this you can now just hold the # button down and it will switch from between the two profiles that you chose.

Hope this helped,

COJO 24

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Ok I just figured out that you can only switch between vibrate and another profile that you choose.

Sorry for the mistake,

COJO 24

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I just set my left side key to go to my profiles. I used to have it set to keypad lock until I found out about holding '*'

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    Ok I just figured out that you can only switch between vibrate and another profile that you choose.
    darn! haha, but thanks for trying that -- yeah I have the vibrate, but I'm not a vibe user normally, hence looking for the basic Quiet option. The Vibe switch is definitely better than nothing, though - the absolute last thing you need happening in the dojo is your phone ringing it's head off.

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    I just set my left side key to go to my profiles. I used to have it set to keypad lock until I found out about holding '*'
    I'd do it, but I have that set to App Switcher, something I use a lot - with the right still set to camera, as you want that "oh wow photo op!" super-fast camera access ability. Oh well...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Rivviepop, just set up the Vibrate profile to match the settings of Quiet and you have what you want. Shouldn't take too long to do. But you might want to record the original settings for Vib and set quiet to those so you still have the ability to set that profile, just by a different name.

Just a thought

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hey good idea! I'll create a new profile called 'Vibrate - Original' or something to store those settings, then edit the real Vibrate to match Quiet. Too bad the Advanced screen doesn't have a 'copy profile' option to save me some time...

Hooray for simple solutions.