i have noticed sometimes when you press the number key pad that they light up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

knighty1971 no está en línea Stack level 2

key pad light

Advertisement

i have noticed sometimes when you press the number key pad that they light up BUT sometimes they dont???
    why is this?

thanks

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    they only light up from home screen if you press a number key and also this only happens if you have dialing from home screen set

Quote Originally Posted by jhowle
    they only light up from home screen if you press a number key and also this only happens if you have dialing from home screen set
    thanks for the reply

when you say home page you mean the page it shows call log/messages etc etc ? it does not light up on here, it just seems to do it every so often?
    how do you set it up for dialing from home screen? at the home screen if i type in a number it brings up the number and the contacts options but no light

sorry for being a pest

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    The keypad lighting up is on the same basis as the screen diming. When the keypad lights up, the sensor is pretty much telling the device that you are in a dark area, dark room, dark car, etc.and it pretty much says that the keypad needs to be lit up in order for you to see the keys. Try this and you will see what I mean. When u are somewhere where the keypad is not lit, simply put your thumb over the LED light (the one that flashes green/red/etc) and within 2 seconds you will see the keypad light up. Take your thumb off and the keypad will go back unlit.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    The keypad lighting up is on the same basis as the screen diming. When the keypad lights up, the sensor is pretty much telling the device that you are in a dark area, dark room, dark car, etc.and it pretty much says that the keypad needs to be lit up in order for you to see the keys. Try this and you will see what I mean. When u are somewhere where the keypad is not lit, simply put your thumb over the LED light (the one that flashes green/red/etc) and within 2 seconds you will see the keypad light up. Take your thumb off and the keypad will go back unlit.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    THANK YOU

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just received a replacement 8100 and I noticed that the key pad light looks more like a glow in the dark than my old phone. My old phone's keypad looked bright white when it was on. Is there anything I can do to make the new phone's light whiter? I thought it was the actually keypad at first so I switched the pads. Problem is still there though. Any thoughts?

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's nothing major. Just really bugs the hell out of me. It doesn't look as nice.