Hey guys I am new to the forum and new to Blackberry's as well. Last ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

burgy77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E962F6

Question JVM Error 545

Advertisement

Hey guys I am new to the forum and new to Blackberry's as well. Last night I tried to access IMBD.com and my device had JVM crash. I got the error code 545 - Incompatable or corrupt filrsystem. The device is almost fully locked up. The only options I have is in a little black box below the error, but none of the options do anything. From what I got off this site is I am going to have to reinstall the OS. I tried a hard reset (taking out the battery and SIM) that did nothing. Unfortantly the Cingular help department is closed since it is Sunday and the store is to far to drive today (we are in a Winter Weather Advisory, and I live in Iowa so they dont believe in plowing roads). I would have just gone and done the OS reinstall but I do not have the software on my computer nor can I find it online. Please help me guys!

PS - I had just loaded the Yahoo Mobile on to my Pearl and decided it was a poor program and deleted it. Would this cause the problem I have? The only other software I loaded was Gmail (amazing still in use), and Handango (deleted as well).

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: JVM Error 545

Here ya go:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

I just googled "Cingular Blackberry Downloads"
    we also have a thread in the "Rim Handheld OS" forum called:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_carrier.html

If you need further help or your PC wont recognize your device let us know.

Good Luck

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the stacks Burgy. Let us know how you make out with this fix and if you need any additional help.

PIN/ID
    23E962F6

Thanks a bunch guys for the quick response. I am currently downloading it and will let you know if it does work. I cant believe I couldn't find the OS when I google'd it as well.

PIN/ID
    23E962F6

Ok now I am having problems loading the software on to the Pearl from the DM program. I followed the guide: How to: ReInstall OS when Computer Won't Recognize the Device is Connected. I got more errors, this time from DM saying: Unable to complete the loading operation - Unable to reconnect to devie during a multi-stage load operation.
    I followed the guide am I still doing something wrong? Or is the device just really messed up?

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

WHen you go to the desktop manager, did you click on the applications loader and check all of the boxes and then click next to load the os on your device?

PIN/ID
    23E962F6

Yeah I actually was waiting for something else to pop up when you need to re-instert the battery. But I figured it out now and all I have to do is re-load everything. Thanks for the help everyone I appreciate it!

matt548usa no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey just saying hi