Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100, carrier is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chrislam no está en línea Stack level 1

Jvm Error 513

Advertisement

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100, carrier is T-Mobile. My friend was screwing around with my phone trying to figure out my pass that i put on. After 3 tries he failed and i got this screen saying JVM ERROR 513 and underneath it says "Reset" I pushed reset and nothing happened, still went back like it did before. I NEED HELP ASAP. PLEASE. GIVE ME ALL THE INFO YOU KNOW ON HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM THAT I HAVE.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Jvm Error 513

From http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...0%20106570247:

JVM error 513 appears after typing an incorrect password ten times

Doc ID : KB13003
    Last Modified : 2007-06-05
    Document Type : Support

Environment
    • BlackBerry® 8800 Series
    • BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8100 smartphone
    Problem
    After typing an incorrect password ten times and restarting the BlackBerry smartphone, JVM error 513 appears.

Cause
    All the data and applications have been deleted on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Resolution
    Reinstall the BlackBerry® Device Software on the BlackBerry smartphone and restore the data from a backup file (if available).

NOTE
    • For instructions on how to install the BlackBerry Device Software, see KB03621.
    • For instructions on how to restore data from a backup file, see KB10339.
    JerryD

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Jvm Error 513

After typing an incorrect password ten times which is usually default but it can be changed to less the BlackBerry smartphone will restart and JVM error 513 appears.
    This means all the data and applications have been deleted on the BlackBerry smartphone and you must reinstall the BlackBerry Device Software on the BlackBerry smartphone and restore the data from a backup file (if available).

First you must download the latest BlackBerry smartphone device software from the carrier or from blackberry.com

Once downloaded, follow these directions:

1. Install the BlackBerry Device Software on your computer.
    2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    3. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
    4. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.
    5. Complete one of the following steps:
      • If the Application Updates Available window appears, click Update Now. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
      • If the Application Updates Available window does not appear, double-click the Application Loader icon. The Application Loader Wizard appears.
    6. Click Next.
    7. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click Next. Note: When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.
    8. Select the check box for the BlackBerry Device Software.
    9. Click Next.
    10. If the On the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether to automatically back up the BlackBerry device and click Next.
    11. Click Finish to begin loading the BlackBerry Device Software.
    12. Click Close when the software is finished loading.
    Once completed you will have a blank screen with a spining hourglass, this justmeans it is still processing. Leave it alone for abut 10 to 15 minutes and it will come back on.