Please help. I own a blackberry pearl flip and the piece of crap has a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
JVM 545 error (instructions not helping me)
Please help. I own a blackberry pearl flip and the piece of crap has a JVM 545 error message. I tried the set of instructions listed in the sticky on some other sub-forum, but they're no use because my Desktop Manager isn't able to identify my balckberry, even though it's plugged into the USB port.
Welcome to PinStack, zelrio.
Have you been to this thread here on PinStack?
Thanks. That's precisely the thread I meant. It gives me no help because the desktop manager still isn't recognizing the phone.
Sometimes it just takes several tries before it will take. The following instructions are similar, but give those a shot as well:
- Download and install the blackberry OS to your computer.
- Navigate to the AppLoader (C:Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader)
- Make sure that Desktop Manager is NOT running.
- Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
- Double click the Loader executable in the above folder.
- The AppLoader window will open. Press Next.
- Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN
- If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed here:
- Disconnect the device from the computer but don't close the AppLoader window. The next two steps will need to be done very quickly. It might take you several attempts.
- Remove the battery for about 5 seconds and put it back in.
- While the red light is on and solid, reconnect the device to the PC. The light will only be on for a few seconds.
- On the AppLoader screen, as soon as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN pop up in the connection drop down, immediately hit Next.
- Your device should be connected to the computer and you can continue to go through the AppLoader to install your OS.
I'm really sorry for the trouble, but nothing is coming down in the drop-down list when I attempt to look for the connection, and I've made sure the desktop manager wasn't running and tried the steps in part 5 numerous times. Is there any other possible solution?
Connect the device to the computer via usb without the battery in it, and then continue with the steps above. It will say usb pin unknown but thats ok. do the complete load operation without the battery. It will fail but you should have 507. From there do the same steps above again with the battery in this time.