My phone has a JVM 545 Error and says something about corrupt files or other. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GreenTee no está en línea Stack level 1

JVM 545 Error on Blackberry 8220 Flip Help?

Advertisement

My phone has a JVM 545 Error and says something about corrupt files or other.

I tried to fix it using the desktop manager but it is not recognizing the blackberry as a device (connected via USB).

Any help would be appreciated!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Welcome GreenTee.. Go to this thread http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_t...onnected-5178/ and follow the procedure. Hope you get it running again. There are alot of helpful stackers, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You can also go to Rims site for their solution HERE

I tried the procedure on pinstack several times. After selection USB pin from the connection settings, the software is still not detecting my device.

Any suggestions?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    greentee, what version of DM do you have installed?

have you removed the battery from the device when you hook up the usb cable?

Version 4.6. Yes, I removed the battery.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Ok, have you downloaded AND installed the device software for the 8220 (carrier selection does not matter, just needs to match the 8220)?

If so, look to this article on the BB site to invoke the DM tool to recognize your device (which was linked to from the KB article pdxmatts posted above)

BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.5 to 5.0
    1. Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    2. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    3. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
    4. Click Start under the Update Software heading
    5. The Device Password dialog will display. If the BlackBerry smartphone has a password enabled, enter the password. If the BlackBerry smartphone does not have a password, leave this field empty.
    6. Click OK.
    7. If prompted with a list of Available Updates, choose the latest software version by selecting the corresponding check box and then click Next.
    8. Click the Settings button under the Device backup and restore options.
    9. Make sure that the Back up device data automatically during the installation process check box is not selected.
    10. Make sure that the Delete all application data and Erase all currently installed applications check boxes are both selected.
    11. Click OK on the Settings dialog.
    12. Insert the battery into the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
    13. In the Application Loader wizard, click Next to proceed with the loading process.
    14. When the process is complete, the Application Loader wizard will display the following message: The loading operation was successful.
    15. Insert the memory card, if applicable.
    16. Close the Application Loader wizard.

I don't know if I have the device software installed. If not, where do I got to get it?

treetrout no está en línea Stack level 1
    after #6 I get "no software update is required" help

This is what I posted in a different section for the bold and I have the pearl flip:
    Everytime I try to fix it I get something different - reload 561 or 507 or jum error.
    I've deleted vendor
    In the add/remove section of my computer all I have is bb4.5 and bb software updater
    I've updated the dm and and connected my phone which it seems to recognize since it shows pin #...
    I've treid going to apploader and right click to run as admin but I can't since I don't have password
    When I double click to run I get "the bb desktop doesnt' have software for your device". There is a section to ADD but it takes me to my c drive
    please help
    thanks

I just tried to update os from bb site - took out battery ran without it knowing pin number - reinstalled battery - hit finish and got fatal error occured - now I have reload software 507 back
    Last edited by treetrout; 12-01-2009 at 06:19 PM.

treetrout no está en línea Stack level 1

more information

trying again from bb site to update phone - I get as far as Task In Progress 5 of 5
    then loading module "net_rim_ddc.cod" (or is it cldc?) stops and states application loader can't connect make sure device is connected" (which it is) - I hit retry over and over and now and then I get "reconnecting to JVM" which errors out and brings me back loading module etc..
    Is there any hope this can be fixed?
    Thanks

Russellp no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did This ever get solved?

I am having the same issues every time I go to reload the software the phone reboots in the middle and Desktop manger can't connect to it.

I have tried all of the options, any body have any suggestions?