I got an 8100 that was locked to Tmobile. I unlocked it, but the phone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kjfreepta no está en línea Stack level 1

just unlocked the 8100, but I can't hear?

Advertisement

I got an 8100 that was locked to Tmobile. I unlocked it, but the phone # that it lists as my phone number is incorrect and I can't hear anything on the phone.

I am totally new to Blackberry and have no idea what to do. Help please. Thanks

Keith

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    What SIM/Carrier are you using now?

And if you call what should be your current number now does your phone ring?
    Last edited by RedNightHawk; 11-12-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Edited to add the bit re: incoming calls.

AT&T.
    Yes phone will ring, and I am able to call another phone.
    But when calling or receiving a call no sound comes out of the speaker.
    The only sound I can get is a ring for incoming calls.

Number one, do a battery pull (pull the battery out when the phone is on, wait about 30 seconds and pop it back in), or download SoftReset and do a softreset.

Then see if your number is showing correctly, and check if you play a video if you're getting sound (I assume you will since the ringtone is playing). If you happen to have a headset plug it in and see if you're getting sound from that during a call.

Also, chew some bubble gum. That way if you came here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$, you'll be done chewing bubble gum and ready to kick a and get this resolved.

Suppose I should mention the obvious and point out that the phone volume and media volume aren't linked, so make sure volume is up on phone calls not turned off or anything. I'm assuming you've already done that though.
    Last edited by RedNightHawk; 11-13-2008 at 12:38 AM.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post
    Number one, do a battery pull (pull the battery out when the phone is on, wait about 30 seconds and pop it back in), or download SoftReset and do a softreset.

Then see if your number is showing correctly, and check if you play a video if you're getting sound (I assume you will since the ringtone is playing). If you happen to have a headset plug it in and see if you're getting sound from that during a call.

Also, chew some bubble gum. That way if you came here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$, you'll be done chewing bubble gum and ready to kick a and get this resolved.
    LMAO!!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    When answering a call, try pushing the volume bottom up...
    Could also try the mute key... Who knows if there is a setup set to answer with volume low or whatever. Let us know what happens. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tried turning up the volume when answering a call, display indicates volume
    is up all the way.
    Someone can hear me speak thru the phone on the other end of the call but I
    can't hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNightHawk View Post

I'm assuming you did all of the above without progress, in which case I would probably try wiping the device (only if you're familiar with the process since you can wind up turning the BB into a paperweight otherwise) and then reloading the OS. It actually sounds like you're only getting half-duplex instead of full-duplex, but this isn't a Push To Talk model so if that actually is the case something's way wrong (again, a good time to reload the OS and see if that fixes it or if it is a hardware issue).

To make sure all user settings are wiped you should probably use JL_Cmdr before reinstalling the OS (again, only if you know what you're doing). Make sure you backup all your data first (assuming you won't have much only having had the phone a few days).
    Last edited by RedNightHawk; 11-17-2008 at 08:15 AM.

You may want to check this out too

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._glitch-93798/