So yeah my short ride with the 8220 has just come to an end. The ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Just returned my Rogers 8220

Advertisement

So yeah my short ride with the 8220 has just come to an end.
    The device was amazing, did what it was supposed to do and greatly impressed me with its capabilities and form factor.
    The suretype keyboard was one of my main concerns coming from ALL qwerty devices but again i was amazed by the software after giving it a positive try. I began typing on it as fast as on my Curve or my Bold.
    Why did I return it ? Im looking ahead ... looking at the future... looking at ALL the devices RIM has for us in their RD depts right now.
    The Storm is coming... the Javelin is coming... The 9010 is coming ... The 8910 is coming ... Who knows maybe other great devices are coming through RIM's doors (im thinking a Pearl form factor 86xx? maybe...)
    RIM is definitely not the company they were just 2years ago, they now understand the market and are ready to work around it they are way more jumpy and keep their devices up to date with the current technologies and for that ... hat's off!
    So yeah Thats my reasons behind my 8220's return.
    So for those that thought you were going to find some device bashing in this post fear not the 8220 is a great piece of Blackberry !

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Hmmm... Let's see here. Where do I start?

Description of event:

- user returns perfectly good BlackBerry 8220
    - store manager accepts return *shakes head & returns to hide in back*
    - sales person on floor observes this and looks confused
    - user strolls around sales floor looking a bit lost
    - unaware sales person approaches "may I help you sir?"
    - user " I just returned my BlackBerry"
    - salesperson "why"
    - user "I dunno"
    - salesperson "oh"
    - user "anything new?"
    - salesperson "let me check"
    - user continues to pace sales floor
    - salesperson " uh...., well..., we have the new 8220, have you seen it?"
    - user "yeah"
    - salesperson "and?"
    - user "I... uh... well it was nice but boring"
    - salesperson "it was?"
    - user "yeah"
    - salesperson "why"
    - user "nothing wrong with it"
    - salesperson "oh"

And so goes another day in the life of a dedicated BlackBerry salesperson who's devices are so reliable they bore the customers, who return them, and then go to Starbucks to find something else to complain about...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hahahahaha am i supposed to take that as an insult now Archer ?
    I didnt return it because it bored me i returned it because im looking ahead and cant afford to buy the 8220 now and the storm in a matter of days/weeks !
    Also i wasnt asking about your opinion on the return itself i was asking your opinion about RIM's future.
    But ill give you something though this was a good laugh!
    And im definitely not a complainer - thought you knew me better

And me?

I LOVE MY FLIPPIN 8220...

Cheers...

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    There goes the opportunity to get the "flipping" flip Berry from you. My hopes and dreams are dashed that one day I will be owning a berry from one of the great user. I guess I will be pacing aimlessly on the sales floor.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Well you know me, a full fledged BlackBerry addict, you never know what to expect, you're never safe...for some reason that post flipped my humor switch...game on! Just had to write something funny to reflect my feelings about what I had just read....lol.

OK ... on topic, getting serious (as painful as that is) I think that you will be really happy with your decision, as like so many of us you enjoy changing devices from time to time. And you called it correctly when you talked about all the upcoming BlackBerry's. Never in the history of RIM has there been so much activity in the R&D labs as there is presently. Therefore I'm sure that several significant results will follow. More handsets, more choices, more sales, more users, more development and that's a best case scenario. Worst case, based on a very soft economy, RIM remains robust from the vast number of choices as well as their new found ability to produce less expensive models to meet market conditions.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    There goes the opportunity to get the "flipping" flip Berry from you. My hopes and dreams are dashed that one day I will be owning a berry from one of the great user. I guess I will be pacing aimlessly on the sales floor.
    Oh wow this post just made my day ! hahaha
    "one of the great users" well ill be damned lol thanks a lot for the compliment although i definitely think im not even half as knowledgeable as the Experts on the forums they are amazing and totally respectable users which deserve as much praise as i just got from you and i thank you again.
    On a side note i can definitely send one your way if you like but itll be at full retail value as ill buy it for you but then again you could just do that yourself right :P ?

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Oh wow this post just made my day ! hahaha
    "one of the great users" well ill be damned lol thanks a lot for the compliment although i definitely think im not even half as knowledgeable as the Experts on the forums they are amazing and totally respectable users which deserve as much praise as i just got from you and i thank you again.
    On a side note i can definitely send one your way if you like but itll be at full retail value as ill buy it for you but then again you could just do that yourself right :P ?

But owning a berry from you will be like owning a baseball card that you always wanted. You know, the one that you can only show it to your friend and not let them touch it. Or owning a signed Vancouver Canucks jersey. ( Ottawa sucks )...lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Well you know me, a full fledged BlackBerry addict, you never know what to expect, you're never safe...for some reason that post flipped my humor switch...game on! Just had to write something funny to reflect my feelings about what I had just read....lol.

OK ... on topic, getting serious (as painful as that is) I think that you will be really happy with your decision, as like so many of us you enjoy changing devices from time to time. And you called it correctly when you talked about all the upcoming BlackBerry's. Never in the history of RIM has there been so much activity in the R&D labs as there is presently. Therefore I'm sure that several significant results will follow. More handsets, more choices, more sales, more users, more development and that's a best case scenario. Worst case, based on a very soft economy, RIM remains robust from the vast number of choices as well as their new found ability to produce less expensive models to meet market conditions.
    Great this is exactly what i wanted to read. I am now drooling in front of Blackberry Storm pictures when i was the first one to criticize it... will it be enough to make me switch one of my lines from Rogers ? Probably but who knows ...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    LOL I was just about to ask if he wanted to send it to me. I want an 8220.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    But owning a berry from you will be like owning a baseball card that you always wanted. You know, the one that you can only show it to your friend and not let them touch it. Or owning a signed Vancouver Canucks jersey. ( Ottawa sucks )...lol
    Lol 10000 points for you my friend!
    And to be honest Hockey is not my sport (sorry if i just crushed that image you had of me lol) im from the other side of the Atlantic so Football or as you call it Soccer is more my thing.
    But i do watch Hockey if its on TV.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    LOL I was just about to ask if he wanted to send it to me. I want an 8220.
    Why dont you just get it from a T-Mo store ? theyre hard to come by in Canada but arent they everywhere in the US ?

amoonlitangel no está en línea Stack level 1
    I didnt return it because it bored me i returned it because im looking ahead and cant afford to buy the 8220 now and the storm in a matter of days/weeks !
    Also i wasnt asking about your opinion on the return itself i was asking your opinion about RIM's future.
    But ill give you something though this was a good laugh!
    And im definitely not a complainer - thought you knew me better
    I paid $20 and I wouldn't trade it !

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well the funny thing about this story is that i ended up returning this one and used my Bold. Then work issued me a Flip 8220. So i Sold my Bold.
    So i only had my work issued 8220. And then work issued me a Bold
    haha!