Hello, I decided to add the data plan to my service and a t-mobile rep ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Just gotten date plan...

Advertisement

Hello,

I decided to add the data plan to my service and a t-mobile rep told me it would take up to 24 to 48 hours before I'm able to use the web/email. They say is could be before. I'm just wondering if anyone added the plan after they bought the ph, and how long it took?

Also, I'm using the new Italy TIM OS, and i do not see anywhere on the home screen the brower icon. I made sure all the images were shown on the homescreen to see if it was hidden. Can anyone begin to help me with this first. I'm sure I will have plenty more questions and the day/days roll on.

Thanks in advance.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Just gotten date plan...

the browser will show up as soon as your data plan takes effect, they told me 24h took about 45 min. and i was up and running.
    they say 24H because of congestion, be patient.
    hope this helps
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

it usually goes through within the first 24 hrs. carriers give longer than expected time lines to cover themselves just in case something does not go according to plan. the icons, ( browser and tzones and set up internet email) will pop up once activated. i would say to give it 2 hrs and if they do not pop up, go into options, advanced options, host routing table and see if there is anything in there. if there is highlight it, hit menu, and hit register. if not pull battery with phone on and then reassemble. this force fetches the registration info on the TMO server and if registered on BB provisioning tool will auto pop icons.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

OK, thx for the advice. I guess I will just have to wait patiently. I'm just so anxious. It's been 6 hrs now. I also followed your instructions Eddie with registering the host routing table. Still nothing. I will let you know the outcome.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Mine worked immediately.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

yea i got my plan after, should work pretty quick

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Usually takes an hour or two but mine took 3 days until I finally convinced them that it won't work. So all I had to do was a master reset and everythin started warkin. Wish I would of done it before. Those three days were the longest lol.

Americanista no está en línea Stack level 2

Try the master reset, if that don't work call them back. They might just be lazy on there part lol
    Maybe sending service books can fix it?

Hope you get your data plan up and running.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hello, I finally got the internet up and running whoopee. I think the delay was partially my fault. When I didn’t have the data plan, I disabled the data services so I wouldn’t see the message: data connection refused on my home screen. So, it was about 12am this morning this came to mind and I turned it back on. Behold I saw the tzone and brower icons appeared. I was so excited. I stayed up till 2am this morning just trying to get familiar with the web. I think my next download will be Opera browser. I’m currently at work. Cant wait to get home to discover what all I can do. There’s so much apps/games/themes I want to download. I definitely will be asking questions if I cannot find the answers through pinstack. Thanks again. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Oh yea, pls feel free to Pin me. I would love some new friends[/FONT]

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Good for you tfrankson. Glad to hear everything worked out for ya.