Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats what I did and it fixed the rebooting problem. So my 8120 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats what I did and it fixed the rebooting problem. So my 8120 is good as new.

Thanks for the help guys

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart B View Post
    If you save anything on your card to your pc then put it back into the bb and reformat it you can then add everything back on !
    Its actually not that simple. I've reformatted several times and added back on my media. It keeps rebooting. Well I'm going to try someting else. Last night I added my ringtones and waited and waited, reboot didn't occur. Added my pictures and that's when it happene again. Going to try and add ringtones only and are how far I can get. I'm wondering if because I have edited pictures using the previous desktop manager the new OS doesn't like it?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Where there's a will there's a way

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Okay ringtones work...

I'm going to try a different order, I'm doing music next, then video. If everything's okay then it would have something to do with my pictures. I alway do those first because they transfer quicker being not so big
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    n/a
    OKay confirmed, the new Berry doesn't like my old .jpg and .gif files for reasons unknown. I have all my Video, Music, and ringtones on my SD and all's well, I'm going to try and isolate the bad files sometime tonight with a separate SD card, see if process of elimiation can show me what the 8120 doesn't like.

It's my guess... but I think it's an OS issue with pics I had resized and filtered through Roxio on the old DM. Now if any of the experts in here can confirm or atleast tell us that could make sense, between now and like 11pm, I won't have to waste my time, just re-download everything.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~before I formatted my memory card all my pics came up. But I haven't reloaded them yet

jolt3500 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having the same problem. I just got my new bb 2 from tmobile and it keeps turning off once the mem card is put in?? Any ideas??
    Lowest Costing Cell Phone Accessories on the web!! ===>http://www.zstorez.com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

I know this is a PITA but did anyone download the device software for this model and run DM BEFORE inserting card? I'm just throwing this out. I did not check before I plugged it in. I downloaded the 8120 OS from att last night in anticipation of the arrival today. I intially thought when I plugged it in nothing would happen but up popped the update window so I chose yes and ran it. It siad updating core systems, so not sure exactly what happened. Then I inserted the new card and I haven't had issues of shutting down.

So if you are using brand new card then maybe dl OS and run DM. Then try using card again.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    OKay confirmed, the new Berry doesn't like my old .jpg and .gif files for reasons unknown. I have all my Video, Music, and ringtones on my SD and all's well, I'm going to try and isolate the bad files sometime tonight with a separate SD card, see if process of elimiation can show me what the 8120 doesn't like.

It's my guess... but I think it's an OS issue with pics I had resized and filtered through Roxio on the old DM. Now if any of the experts in here can confirm or atleast tell us that could make sense, between now and like 11pm, I won't have to waste my time, just re-download everything.

What about mp3's? I have a 2 gb card FULL of MP3's for when I don't want to take my iPod.

PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmmmm. I tried to finish reloading my pics and videos and the rebooting problem occured again. So I don't know what it could be now

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Have you anything else other than pictures to add to the memory card? There must be something that is conflicting with the program on your new BB

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Did you reload any folders back onto the card?

PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea I reloaded everything but my pictures and when I finally loaded my pictures it rebooted on me. So I deleted the pics and the rebooting stopped

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It's the folders! You can't transfer folders over that were created in a different OS. You have to recreate them on the blackberry and then just transfer the pictures, etc. back into the new folders.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks. That will help me a lot. I had pics I had on my 8100 but I sent them to my PC. When I get my 8120, I will just have to re-send them to the 8120's memory card I install?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast