All right I just recently got the 8100, a BIG upgrade from my old samsung ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

timtalize no está en línea Stack level 1

Just got my pearl the other day, just a few quick q's.

Advertisement

All right I just recently got the 8100, a BIG upgrade from my old samsung a900 that i've had for two years.

This phone is NICE... I've been playing with it for the past 2 days and I still haven't figured everything, thankfully i found this forum and have been learning alot, I upgraded to the newest OS before that my blackberry was running slow (like 5 secs goin to menu and frequent frzes for 15-20 secs) I was about to return it but with the new OS it runs smooooth. = p

neways i'm having two things bothering me, I've been tryin to figure them out but im not that technically inclined so help would be appreciated.

So 1st thing is that the call log alert thing is always on my screen which has gotten annoying. I cleared out the call log but it still shows as "(1) Call Log" like there is something there and that annoying missed call image at the top never goes away. How do I get rid of it??

2nd thing is kinda embarassing to ask but I'm clueless... I can't figure how to do separate ringtones for different people, i mean I set it up in the address book and all but when I get a call from them It only plays the default phone ringer which I set up. Maybe I'm not lookin hard enough but where is the menu to set call tones, you know so i can set up the ringer for people without a listing on my phone, ringer for blocked/unknown calls and ringers for pbook entries.

thanks

-tim

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    For the second thing there are a few ways to do that the first is to go to your Address book>select a contact and hit edit>Menu>Set custom phone tune.

Another way is to go to Profiles>Advanced>Menu>New Exception.

For the first problem try a hard reset (take your battery out wait 30 seconds and reinsert).

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    timtalize, Welcome to PinStack.

For the first problem, try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in). If that doesn't work, open you Messages app, press the menu button, Select Search. set every thing to either Blank or All, except for Show. Set show to unopened only. Open the Menu and select Search.
    Open any message that shows up.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

timtalize no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the help got the ringtones to work, but the first problem is still there I was reading around the forums and saw someone who had the exact problem.

blackberryforums.pinstack.com/7595-phantom_icon.html

I've tried all the suggestions with no luck, it doesn't seem like that person found a fix for his either, I'm thinking to try an os reload as a last resort if that doesnt do anything I'ma return my pearl for another one. That icon is getting REALLY annoying after 5 days...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    For the unfound message, try this, From your BB or another phone, dial you BB phone number and leave a voice mail message, When you get the missed call and the Voice Mail indications, open both if you get both. Then call your Voice Mail from your BB and listen to your message and delete it after listening completly. Now check to see if you still have the unwanted message indication.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

detourkid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242277c6
    was having the same problem and i talk to t-mobile and they tryed a couple of things and ended up replacing my phone..

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    For the unfound message, try this, From your BB or another phone, dial you BB phone number and leave a voice mail message, When you get the missed call and the Voice Mail indications, open both if you get both. Then call your Voice Mail from your BB and listen to your message and delete it after listening completly. Now check to see if you still have the unwanted message indication.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Yes - I did exactly this for a new voicemail text message I got - couldn't shift it until I had called the voicemail and listened to the whole message. Might even have had to turn Pearl off too. Seems to have been a one-off so far, but interesting that a phone replacement might be needed.

Season's greetings to all