I looked around a little in the stickies, but didn't see answers to some of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

feandro no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Just got my pearl, have a few unanswered questions

Advertisement

I looked around a little in the stickies, but didn't see answers to some of my questions - sorry if I missed them.

First, I've noticed that even when I have my BB Pearl set to vibrate, AND have key tones "off" in the options, it still makes noise when I dial a number (or push a key from the home screen). Is there a way to turn that off?

Secondly, I love the key-lock function, and would like to know if there is a setting to make the BB auto-key-lock after a given time limit. I know some Nokia phones can do that, and it's a nice feature so I don't have to remember to lock it every time I use it.

Also, since I'm new to the world of Blackberries, are there ways to tweak things that aren't readily tweakable in options? For example, on my calendar, I would like different appointments to show up in different colors (if nothing else, so that adjacent appointments don't look like one long appointment).

Overall I love this thing - it's very impressive, especially for its size. Just a few little things I'd like to be able to do . . . I think there was one more, but I can't think of it right now, so I'll start with this. Thanks!!
    Last edited by feandro; 01-10-2008 at 03:33 AM.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629

Re: Just got my pearl, have a few unanswered questions

Quote Originally Posted by feandro View Post
    I looked around a little in the stickies, but didn't see answers to some of my questions - sorry if I missed them.

First, I've noticed that even when I have my BB Pearl set to vibrate, AND have key tones "off" in the options, it still makes noise when I dial a number (or push a key from the home screen). Is there a way to turn that off?

Secondly, I love the key-lock function, and would like to know if there is a setting to make the BB auto-key-lock after a given time limit. I know some Nokia phones can do that, and it's a nice feature so I don't have to remember to lock it every time I use it.

Also, since I'm new to the world of Blackberries, are there ways to tweak things that aren't readily tweakable in options? For example, on my calendar, I would like different appointments to show up in different colors (if nothing else, so that adjacent appointments don't look like one long appointment).

Overall I love this thing - it's very impressive, especially for its size. Just a few little things I'd like to be able to do . . . I think there was one more, but I can't think of it right now, so I'll start with this. Thanks!!
    Answer to the first question is no. I have been a user of the pearl for about 3 months now, i haven't seen any option to turn that off.

Answer to your second question: http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

Third, I don't know since i don't use a calendar much but i don't think thats possible.

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

If you will go to your calendar and press the Menu button... the list will ask you if you want a Monthly view. It will make each day as gray or white. Its not colors but it might make it easier for you to view. I just found that out about 10 minutes ago lol.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Yes, go to Options, Screen/ Keyboard, half way down turn "keytone" off.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post

Yes, go to Options, Screen/ Keyboard, half way down turn "keytone" off.
    That doesn't work. Currently there is no way to turn that off.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

you cant disable the keytone..
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    you cant disable the keytone..
    Aww that sucks!! I was wondering about that too.. Hope it gets fixed with 4.3

AHardy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317DA781

I have the Sprint Pearl running 4.3; when the Profile is set to Vibrate you do not hear anything when you start pressing keys on the home screen.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AHardy View Post
    I have the Sprint Pearl running 4.3; when the Profile is set to Vibrate you do not hear anything when you start pressing keys on the home screen.
    Same with the quiet mode

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by AHardy View Post
    I have never hear anything pressing a key on my 8100, no matter what profile I use.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

slingshotzack no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FBC82E

I honestly didn't notice the keytone thingy until I had my phone on quite mode for a movie and then switched it back to loud and then I noticed them making noise, but even on loud before it wasn't making a keytone sound, I'll have to go search for what I originally switched it off with

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

I hear it too. Its like you are pressing keys while the hands free speaker is on. It will sound off on maybe 2 out of the 10 digits.

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ really? I'm running 4.2.1.96 on the at&t pearl and even on vibrate I still hear the keys when entering a number....

Thanks everyone! Since I don't have a data plan right now, I can't install the auto-lock program. I emailed the guy to see if he could send me the desktop install files, so hopefully that will work.

Strange that people give such mixed reports about the dialing noise . . . I'll have to mess around in the settings some more and see what I can come up with, but nothing so far has seemed to do it. Just to be clear, though, what I'm talking about is NOT solved by turning "keytones" off, as some of you can attest to.

And as for my question about the calendar, I'm not having trouble distinguishing one day from the next, I'm wondering if there is a way to make each APPOINTMENT a different color. I usually use "week" view, and if I put two or three things one right after the other, it just shows as one long green line, so I can't tell if it's one long appointment or three unless I put my cursor over it.

I managed to find another site that had the desktop install file for keylock. Had a little trouble at first, and was confused why it was asking for access to my call logs . . . once I gave it permission, it worked **but, only when the phone was not connected to the computer!** Not sure why, but there it is. Anyway, seems to be working like a charm now, so thanks!