assigned a pic to some of my contacts but the pic dont come up when ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mormat no está en línea Stack level 2

Just got my new 8100 and I have went in and

Advertisement

assigned a pic to some of my contacts but the pic dont come up when I get a call from that contact, will the 8100 do this without out the 3rd party software? I hope it is just something that I am doing wrong

thanks

MM

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Just got my new 8100 and I have went in and

it *should* work MM.

did you do a battery pull...just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    it *should* work MM.

did you do a battery pull...just in case?
    "pull the battery" well you just lost me LOL

MM

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

A cold re-boot is what she is talking about. Some people call it different things, but what you do is pull the battery out, wait 30 seconds or more, and then put the battery back in and wait for the bb to load back up. It is basically like restarting a computer but on your phone. This fixes 85% of all problems you will have, so if you ever have a problem then the first thing you should try is a battery pull.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

If you assign the picture in OUtlook and then sync your 8100 to it this will usually fix this problem. I have read here on the stacks of others having the same problem you are experiencing.
    I have also read that those of us who attach the pictures to contacts in Outlook do not experience this "bug"

BRZ

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

When I do a batt pull I remove it and put it right back in. I don't wait 30 seconds. Blackberry support with tmo said there is no need for 30sec wait. Been doing it this way since sept~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hatebreeder no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by j llama
    When I do a batt pull I remove it and put it right back in. I don't wait 30 seconds. Blackberry support with tmo said there is no need for 30sec wait. Been doing it this way since sept~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    agreed. if you try to change your ringtone for any of your "favs" and it doesnt save , if you do a pull it will fix that problem as well..

Thanks to all that have replied, I have took the battery out and will see it that solves the problem, man I am loving this 8100 more and more

Thanks again

MM

skri11a no está en línea Stack level 1

Lest anyone forgets...

Metsfan created a very useful app that greatly reduces the need to do a battery pull.

go to www.geekandproud.net/blackberry/softreset/softreset.jad for OTA installation or www.geekandproud.net/blackberry/softreset/softreset.zip for an alx/cod file.

The only time you'll need to pull the battery is if the phone locks completely.

Also, that 30 second thing is a throw back to the old days of large capacitors that didn't release their stored electricity immediately. it's very rare these days, but still a good "best practice" to wait the 30 seconds and ensure complete electrical discharge.